Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stage.fullScreenWidth returns 960

stage.fullScreenHeight returns 640

stage.stageWidth returns 1000

stage.stageHeight returns 750

If I listen to Event.Resize, the values will be the same. But the IPhone 6+ screen sizes much more.

How should I fix this ?

My options:

stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key> = 1, 2

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

IPhone 6+ unsupported screen size?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stage.fullScreenWidth returns 960

stage.fullScreenHeight returns 640

stage.stageWidth returns 1000

stage.stageHeight returns 750

If I listen to Event.Resize, the values will be the same. But the IPhone 6+ screen sizes much more.

How should I fix this ?

My options:

stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key> = 1, 2

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2014 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you included the various splash screen sizes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default-667h@2x.png

Default-Landscape-736h@3x.png

Default-Portrait-736h@3x.png

Yes, These 3 files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 0
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone should buy me an iPhone 6 so I can test things!

The file that is used to force devices into full screen is Default-568h@2x.png. I don't yet know if the iPhone 6 files do the same trick, but it may be worth including the iPhone 5 one too, in case it's special in some way.

There may still be an AIR problem where it is relying on using the iPhone 5 splash screen.

BTW, it's odd that you have both portrait and landscape screens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to remove Default-568h@2x.png splash screen. The result was incorrect stage size, but all assets wasn't scale, I had bold black lines at the edges. In last case stage size was incorrect too, but all assets was scale, and i had full screen (without black lines).

Then i tryed to leave Default-568h@2x.png file, but change its size to IPhone 6+ splash screen size by adding red areas to the image, the result was incorrect..again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I try to rename splash screen file for IPhone 6+ according to Adobe AIR * Application icons and it is Default-736h@3x.png. Remove splash for IPhone 6 (Default-667h@2x.png), and this strange splash Default-Landscape-736h@3x.png. - nothing great!

Also tryed name Default-414w-736h@3x.png - the same result, AIR shows Default@2x.png.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done it! Yeah!!

The problem was in incorrect splash screen name. The right pattern of name is Default-XXXw-XXXh@3x.png, but width and height was incorrect in my case, because there is "Display zoom" option ON. With this option screen size is 375x667, not 414x736. Renaming of file to Default-375w-667h@3x.png done it's job - correct splash screen, and correct stageWidth/Height !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! I was harry.. The problem is still exist! What about IPhone 6 - all is veri nice! True screen size, true splash screens in both modes (Standart and "Display zoom"), but problem with IPhone 6+ in the both modes:

- In "Display Zoom" mode it shows correct splash screen, but incorrect stage size (1125x2001 is correct, but i have 1334x750)

- In Std mode it shows incorrect splash screen (it takes Default-568h@2x.png, but should take Default-414w-736h@3x.png), and returns incorrect stage size as well.. (correct is 1242x2208, but i have 1472x828)..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the release notes at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html published on Oct 2, 2014, the following issues exist:

[iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs.

[iPad 3 and later]iPhone Launch image(Default@2x.png) appears on iPad if iPhone launch images are packaged along with iPad launch

images.

[iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch Image]: Blank frame appears instead of launch image when only Default@3x.png is packaged with application.

Have these been addressed? If not, what is the status of these problems?

I do not have an iPhone 6 or 6 plus, so I can't test this; but I am eager to publish my app with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 plus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have 15.0.0.302 version of air

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in 15.0.0.302 the same known issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2014 0
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pait,

15.0.0.302 seems to solve the issue with incorrect screen size and dpi ,  my simulator tests seem ok with the default images etc..

The documentation is not getting updated on the builds which is confusing..

Also there was a new SDK released yesterday 10/14/2014 which strangely is the same build as the one from 10/2/2014

both appear to be build 15.0.0.302 ....

confusion ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest AIR SDK (15.0.0.349), I can get iphone 6+ launch screens to be used properly (Default-414w-736h-landscape@3x.png, 2208x1242), but stage.fullScreenWidth/Height give 1472x828, which is 2/3 the expected dimensions or 736x414 at scale factor 2, not 3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exist in 'known issues' of air sdk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if iOS 8.1 fixes this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 0
Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think not. I've had reports from iPhone 6+ users with AIR apps that are build 349, and still there are startup issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 0