Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone X and Home Indicator Bar

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how can I let this bar turn to "auto-hide" mode? When will this be supported? It is really in the way in my app!

Best,

Henning

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used it myself, but Distriqt has a free ANE that lets you defer screen edge gestures, where it keeps the bar in a lower-opacity mode until you swipe, then if you swipe again it accepts the gesture like normal:

System Gestures ANE:

air native extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried it and it helps a lot.... nonetheless 50% transparency is

still too much..... how can I tweak the transparency of the bar?

Best,

Henning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Apple doesn't let you turn it off or change transparency, those are the only two states that Apple allows for iPhone X.  They even have guidelines that you can't use solid blocks of color behind the indicator to "force" it to be a different color or shade, they'll reject apps for trying to affect the default look of the bar.  I believe they only allow you to hide it in specific cases like if your app is a video app where you need full-screen non-interactive content, but for games and other apps it's not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only option we have for a perfect solution beyond this is the

auto-hide mode of the bar if I understood that right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only use auto-hide if your app is something passive like a video player, and even then Apple is very strict at review time about whether they'll allow that or not for individual apps.  They generally want the home indicator bar on screen at all times, and you unfortunately just need to design your apps around that now and make sure your UI doesn't interfere.  I haven't seen any ANEs that let you use the auto-hide feature, I'm guessing mainly because Apple really doesn't want people to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, right, thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - this ANE help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines