Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone X - fullscreen Problem

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a problem at iPhone X, black strip. I have tried some different ways but it isn't solved.

Adding launch image (default-568h@2x.png) doesn't solve this problem at iPhone X.  However, default-568h@2x solves that problem at other devices (iPhone 7 and older).

Any idea about that problem?

unnamed.png

Thank you.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

I have solved by adding launch images to the xml file.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 04.53.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be a capital D, though I don't think that would stop it from working. The later iPhones need other sizes. Here's the set of images I would have for a landscape app:

Default-375w-667h@2x~iphone.png

Default-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Default-568h@2x.png

Default-568h@2x~iphone.png

Default-Landscape-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png

Default-Landscape~ipad.png

Default@2x.png

Default~iphone.png

The 375w one is 750x1334, and the 414w is 1242x2208. I can't remember why I needed to have both Default-568h@2x.png and Default-568h@2x~iphone.png, but it fixed some obscure issue, maybe even the one you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried but It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved by adding launch images to the xml file.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 04.53.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which XML file, and how did you manage to test on iPhone X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you testing this in the iOS 11 Simulator? My app crashes on startup each time, how did you manage to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added it in main xml file (inside the <InfoAdditions> tag ) to add Property List (plist) file. By the way, I tested it at iPhone X (not released yet). I guess (not sure) the lastest AIR player (27.0.0.128) is not supported 64-bit for simulator yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried adding it to the .xml file, but the file seems to revert when I publish the app. How do I get the code to stay in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using Adobe Animate you don't add it to the XML, you add the splash screen image to the General tab of iOS publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Developers.

I have not made any updates to all my older iOS apps, which work for both the iPad and all previous versions of the iPhone (prior to the latest iPhone X). 

For the new iPhone X, will my app be filled in with a black space at the top and bottom of the iPhone screen, or will my app try to scale to the new screen dimensions? 

If it does automatically scale to the new screen dimensions, it will not look at all good.

Thank you,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

apps will not scale to iPhone X resolutions automatically. Instead, they will use black bars as seen in the first screenshot. You need to package iPhone X splashscreens with Air 28 SDK if you want to use the native iPhone X resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve the problem with notch? It cuts my actionbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we have solved it by building a viewport class that tells the application where to render the content. Everything will be rendered in this viewport except the background, which stretches over the whole screen. So you will have to identify and handle the iPhoneX by yourself, Air can not offer an automated solution since it does not know what part of your content is considered to be safe and what not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved the same problem with your method above. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wanted to respond to your previous request that you edited out but I forgot about it. I actually had a blog entry about the iPhone notch that I wanted to share with you, but I see you managed to build it on your own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It scales and does not use safe area. How can safe area be enabled? I don't want to manually add some extra space for every new device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines