Highlighted

iPhone X Screenshots in App Store app

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated 3 apps and uploaded into the media manager properly 6.5" iPhone X screenshots. Everything is set up well, and on the web the screenshots are shown.

But in the app store app the only screenshots that are shown are iPhone 6 screenshots.

I contacted Apple support and that is what they said:

> After researching, it looks as though you have the Device Display Dimension Type set to only iPhone6 plus.

>At this time, we request you to go into your App Store Connect Media Manager and modify you settings. Keep in mind, this can only be done if the app is in an >editable state.

>For iPhone, you need a set of 5.5-inch display screenshots and up to three optional app previews, and for iPad, you need a set for 12.9-inch display. This set will be >scaled appropriately down to other device sizes when viewed on the App Store in each territory.

>6.5-inch display assets for iPhone XS Max are optional, and can scale down to iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone X. When you upload iPhone XS Max screenshots >to App Store Connect, they will display with rounded corners.

Is it my fault or don't you all have not got the option "Device Display Dimension Type" in the Media Manager on iTunes Connect also?

The screenshots are uploaded and set up as usual. What else can I do???

Regards,

Henning

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPhone X Screenshots in App Store app

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated 3 apps and uploaded into the media manager properly 6.5" iPhone X screenshots. Everything is set up well, and on the web the screenshots are shown.

But in the app store app the only screenshots that are shown are iPhone 6 screenshots.

I contacted Apple support and that is what they said:

> After researching, it looks as though you have the Device Display Dimension Type set to only iPhone6 plus.

>At this time, we request you to go into your App Store Connect Media Manager and modify you settings. Keep in mind, this can only be done if the app is in an >editable state.

>For iPhone, you need a set of 5.5-inch display screenshots and up to three optional app previews, and for iPad, you need a set for 12.9-inch display. This set will be >scaled appropriately down to other device sizes when viewed on the App Store in each territory.

>6.5-inch display assets for iPhone XS Max are optional, and can scale down to iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone X. When you upload iPhone XS Max screenshots >to App Store Connect, they will display with rounded corners.

Is it my fault or don't you all have not got the option "Device Display Dimension Type" in the Media Manager on iTunes Connect also?

The screenshots are uploaded and set up as usual. What else can I do???

Regards,

Henning

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
Devarai LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is now resolved. I had a conversation for 3 days with Apple support and it got clear there was a bug in the Apple App Store app. After clarifying the issue the bug was fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 2