Highlighted

Is anybody else having their Adobe AIR iOS app crash within the first second of opening it?

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else having their Adobe AIR iOS app crash within the first second of opening it?

I am using iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, with a development certificate.

With Adobe AIR SDK 16.0.0.283 and now with 17.0.0.93, after compiling the app (whether in release mode or debug mode), before the app getTimer() can ever reach 999 milliseconds the app will crash. No matter what code I have, it is just crashing before the runtime can ever reach the first second.

Anybody else having this kind of behavior?

Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have found the way to reproduce. It is about interfaces, and when I try to call a method through an interface the app crashes. I think that it is related to having an interface with many parameters. I have logged the bug here:

Bug#3935199 - iOS App crashes when calling an objects method through interface

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, with a development certificate.

With Adobe AIR SDK 16.0.0.283 and now with 17.0.0.93, after compiling the app (whether in release mode or debug mode), before the app getTimer() can ever reach 999 milliseconds the app will crash. No matter what code I have, it is just crashing before the runtime can ever reach the first second.

Anybody else having this kind of behavior?

Chris,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have found the way to reproduce. It is about interfaces, and when I try to call a method through an interface the app crashes. I think that it is related to having an interface with many parameters. I have logged the bug here:

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Could we get a copy of your app (or a sample project) so we could give this a try?  Feel free to ping me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 0
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We are investigating on it.

Regards,

Adobe Air Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2015 0
Shweta_B LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

We have fixed this issue. Please find the fix for it in the next Beta.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0