• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is direct mobile to mobile communication possible with Air?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to develop a system where my app on a phablet in the field auto calls my phablet at a set time and synchronize with my data, device to device.  Net access is sketchy in rural areas but cell calls work fine is the motivation for this kind of set up.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can achieve this by using the Real Time Media Flow Protocol (RTFMP).
You will need a server, which handles and routes the information though. There is an open source platform available called Cumulus (OpenRTMFP/Cumulus · GitHub). Adobe also offers such a platform which called Cirrus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means its not possible to write an app that uses a phone line and a socket connection to communicate device directly to device without the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, I don't think that's possible using Flash Builder if even possible at all. I mean, you can't just use a phone line to exchange data, phone lines are controlled by companies, right? Otherwise we wouldn't pay for calls xD

It could be possible using bluetooth, but using the phone line...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I am not clear on my idea.  I want the app to place a phone call to another device and have that device answer the phone, establish a data connection, both apps update data and then hang up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah dude, I don't think that's possible, I don't think paying for the calls you make gives you the right to exchange wathever you want over the line. Even if possible, I don't think that's legal, it would be like having an agreement with some guy to plant trees on his lands, but instead you start building a house there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines