Highlighted

Is it possible to include raw assets into air native extension?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know different ways to add raw assets (which are placed in assets folder, not res folder) to your AIR application (one for Flash Pro and Adobe Animate, second for Flash Builder and so on).

But I'm interested, is there any way to include raw assets into ane plugin? Again, I know about accessing native resources with R.* mechanism, but it isn't that I looking for.

I found similar question without answer:

How to include android assets(not res) folder in a native extension?

Also, I found a plugin with required functionality:

https://dev.tapjoy.com/sdk-integration/air/getting-started-guide-publishers-adobe-air/

There are raw assets in this plugins (they are in META-INF/ANE/Android-ARM/bin/android/assets). I tried to place my assets in the same folder, but no luck. Any ideas? I really need your help.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to include raw assets into air native extension?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know different ways to add raw assets (which are placed in assets folder, not res folder) to your AIR application (one for Flash Pro and Adobe Animate, second for Flash Builder and so on).

But I'm interested, is there any way to include raw assets into ane plugin? Again, I know about accessing native resources with R.* mechanism, but it isn't that I looking for.

I found similar question without answer:

How to include android assets(not res) folder in a native extension?

Also, I found a plugin with required functionality:

https://dev.tapjoy.com/sdk-integration/air/getting-started-guide-publishers-adobe-air/

There are raw assets in this plugins (they are in META-INF/ANE/Android-ARM/bin/android/assets). I tried to place my assets in the same folder, but no luck. Any ideas? I really need your help.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2017 0
id_ilych LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know "the right way" to do it but you can include any file with `-C` option of `adt`. Unfortunately these are no automatically included in APK when you build final project that uses ANE. So you would have to unpack these files from ANE and then again use `-C` to include them when building final APK. But there is a caveat. As resources associated with packages and could be put in separate folders they are somewhat safe from conflicts. But that is not the case with raw assets. So if multiple ANEs will have assets of the same name then you are in trouble.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2019 0