Highlighted

Is it possible to use mp4 video in a .apk (android) application?

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to using air, and I need to use an mp4 video with the FLVPlayback component. But it seems not work.

I do not know if I'm using the wrong method to use video in android.

Some help?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

You should use StageVideo, it works well in iOS and Android. It's a little bit harder than FLVPlayback to use, but it's by far the best way to play video, and it does play H.264 MP4 files, which FLVPlayback on mobile cannot.

This is an old article, but the code should still work, and could get you going:

Getting started with stage video | Adobe Developer Connection

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to use mp4 video in a .apk (android) application?

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to using air, and I need to use an mp4 video with the FLVPlayback component. But it seems not work.

I do not know if I'm using the wrong method to use video in android.

Some help?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

You should use StageVideo, it works well in iOS and Android. It's a little bit harder than FLVPlayback to use, but it's by far the best way to play video, and it does play H.264 MP4 files, which FLVPlayback on mobile cannot.

This is an old article, but the code should still work, and could get you going:

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2016 0
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Collin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2016 0