Highlighted

Is there a roadmap for a WP8 Air compiler?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise the answer to my question is probably "no", or "we are constantly evaluating new platforms", but I'm asking on the off-chance that the Air dev team / whoever at Adobe controls the relase of information might be having a good day, and fancies giving the developer community a bit of engagement, on what, I <em>guess</em> will be the biggest feature request for air .

I'm aware that the Air AOT compiler for iOS has been completely rebuilt, and I've heard it said it will be a lot easier for the Air dev team to support new platforms. I still hold a hope that we might get WP8 support within the next year. I guess the think I am <em>really</em> after, is just a hint, the slightest sniff of feedback from adobe to the developer community that this is something that is under consideration / or there is a plan for development, should it get authorised. With no viable roadmap for flash and air, its difficult now to know what development remains a possibility.

It still remains the case, that other cross platform technologies largely lack WP8 support, including most of the platforms that are trying to tout themselves as air alternatives. It would be nice if Air lead the way. But im sure the Air dev team know this / have heard all the arguments before , so i recognise that I am probably talking to the wind.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a roadmap for a WP8 Air compiler?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise the answer to my question is probably "no", or "we are constantly evaluating new platforms", but I'm asking on the off-chance that the Air dev team / whoever at Adobe controls the relase of information might be having a good day, and fancies giving the developer community a bit of engagement, on what, I <em>guess</em> will be the biggest feature request for air .

I'm aware that the Air AOT compiler for iOS has been completely rebuilt, and I've heard it said it will be a lot easier for the Air dev team to support new platforms. I still hold a hope that we might get WP8 support within the next year. I guess the think I am <em>really</em> after, is just a hint, the slightest sniff of feedback from adobe to the developer community that this is something that is under consideration / or there is a plan for development, should it get authorised. With no viable roadmap for flash and air, its difficult now to know what development remains a possibility.

It still remains the case, that other cross platform technologies largely lack WP8 support, including most of the platforms that are trying to tout themselves as air alternatives. It would be nice if Air lead the way. But im sure the Air dev team know this / have heard all the arguments before , so i recognise that I am probably talking to the wind.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2014 0

Have something to add?