• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to download inside AIR HTML?

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to download files from the webpage running inside AIR HTML component? i.e. mail attachment etc.?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need inject JS code to loaded page that will override link clicks so URL will be not opened but instead sent to Air via ExternalCallback. Than using simple URLLoader try to load your files. This may help. But this is really hard to do this. This will require more than great experience

But let's talk about simpler way. Do you tried to simple open your page via stagewebview, login to your page and press "download"? This works prefectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already overriding loaded HTML page's links etc. but yes its true to determine which link is for download or to open just a web page.

StageWebView!! I was in impression for a long time, this made for mobile! After you saying so, at help.adobe.com I can see this also for all desktop operating systems too! Great!

Though our existing ol' HTML component is already coded/modified heavily through the application, I don't know how far we can replace them with new StageWebView.. but you simply given me an option. Thanks!

I'll see a simple demo how enable it is downloading files in an AIR application, shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I made a very basic StageWebView demo running in a desktop AIR, it opens up fantastically though not downloading anything either. I logged into my GMail account, tried with any attachment, but nothing gets downloads, or am I missing any procedure to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines