• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to generate air apps with hidden or "insided" swf?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The swf file is very very easy to be decompiled after installed...

Why adobe air doesn't include swf into the executable file?

I have to protect it.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that can be loaded - can be decompiled or disassembled. If you put your SWF to exe format - anyone with advanced skills can rip your swf from memory dump.

In your case I can suggest only rename swf to dll and change xml file where filename shows to dll also. This will stops 25% of newbie hackers. What about Adobe Air - your EXE it's just launcher for Adobe Air.dll file that load xml first and than from that xml it loads swf and the rest resources. If you need make it more secure - you must have some knowledges in c++ coding for example. Turn your swf into real exe file and send it to Adobe Air.dll dynamically. I know that this can be done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answarer Anton.

It's a good idea, I did it once with another app, but it's just possible whithout air installer option, just after the manifest document (xml) was extracted or with personal package.

I can use some setup manager, but it will be complicated for Android and iOS, and there is another problem with the Air Security Certificate and Digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but it will be complicated for Android and iOS

You don't need any setup mangers for this. Adobe Air for iOS use embedded runtime into package (captive) and you can't build it separately. For Android there two options. Make it built-in (captive) or shared. So don't worry about mobile devices. Just use captive for Android.

and there is another problem with the Air Security Certificate and Digital signature.

I don't understand your issue. When you developing and publish app for iOS/Android - you must use Developer certificate that you must buy from Apple or Android/Azamon. iOS don't allow packaging without certificates. Android allow with self-signed.

, just after the manifest document (xml) was extracted or with personal package.

Adobe Air very flexible. You can use different techniques. For example I use visualization software to create from Adobe Air bunch of files just single one executable file. It's like packaging you app with all external files inside another app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines