Highlighted

Is there a way to get a soft keyboard on iOS to show ´join´ or ´send´ in the return key of a keyboard?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that the ReturnKeyType [1] only supports a subset of value possible on iOS [2].

Basically the supported return key types are "done", "go", "next", "search" and "default" which corresponds to "enter" on iOS

while iOS also supports "Google", "Join", "Route", "Send", "Yahoo" and "Emergency Call".

Two of the iOS types "Join" and "Send" I would find quite useful in places I'm currenlty using the "go" return key type

Is there anyway to get the soft keyboard to show this labels on iOS?

Alternatively it would be great if "join" and "send" are added as Air ReturnKeyType's (e.g. they could default to "go" on other devices)

Thanks

[1] ReturnKeyLabel - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

[2] UITextInputTraits Protocol Reference

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to get a soft keyboard on iOS to show ´join´ or ´send´ in the return key of a keyboard?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that the ReturnKeyType [1] only supports a subset of value possible on iOS [2].

Basically the supported return key types are "done", "go", "next", "search" and "default" which corresponds to "enter" on iOS

while iOS also supports "Google", "Join", "Route", "Send", "Yahoo" and "Emergency Call".

Two of the iOS types "Join" and "Send" I would find quite useful in places I'm currenlty using the "go" return key type

Is there anyway to get the soft keyboard to show this labels on iOS?

Alternatively it would be great if "join" and "send" are added as Air ReturnKeyType's (e.g. they could default to "go" on other devices)

Thanks

[1] ReturnKeyLabel - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

[2] UITextInputTraits Protocol Reference

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2014 0

Have something to add?