• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue installing app to iOS 10 device

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing an app compiled with AIR version 23 works properly on my iPad with iOS 9.3.1 but fails when I attempt to install it on my iPhone 6+ using iOS10.0.2. Same app used to install to both devices. When I install via the connected iOS device link, using Adobe Animate, I get Application Verification Failed error. If I try to install it directly via iTunes, it starts to install, then fails with no notice. I created a fresh provisioning profile and a newly created p12 cert on iMac. I have validated the UDID is correct.. Animate CC is running on a Win 10 PC.

I appreciate some help, insight...

Thanks, much

Jon

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

I never found an answer to this. The apps I have updated do work correctly under iOS 10 when I do the official app update through AppStore. It appears there is some sort of issue with doing the test versions under iOS 10.xx. Makes me very concerned with updating my testing iPad to iOS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to watch out for is that when a new iOS version comes out there is a new iTunes agreement. Make sure you have visited your account and agreed to the latest changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You mean the iTunes on my desktop? I looked at my account and saw no pending agreements to be approved. What is odd is that the iOS 9 device works, but the iOS 10 does not. I'm stumped. I wonder if I just send it up to Apple, will it work only for iOS 9 devices, not iOS 10? I can't tell because the testing version will not work. At one time, there was a need to explicitly set in the XML file to use iOS 6 before Adobe placed it into the compiling process. Wonder if this is the same for iOS 10?

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install my app via the device window in Xcode. Installs just fine to the iPad with iOS 9. Will not on iPhone with iOS 10, gives message that my certificate has expired or has been revoked. Is there a way to clear off any existing certificates installed on my phone? The device window shows no certificates and I cannot get any to install. Perhaps there is a old version stuck in the phone that it is comparing to...

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into the iPad Settings and search for Profile, you can get to where the provisioning profiles are. I hope you're right, and that there's an old profile causing grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

I don't find any provisioning files on the phone. I removed the app completely and try to reinstall but I get the above error,

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never found an answer to this. The apps I have updated do work correctly under iOS 10 when I do the official app update through AppStore. It appears there is some sort of issue with doing the test versions under iOS 10.xx. Makes me very concerned with updating my testing iPad to iOS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this terrible issue?? I need to upgrade an iPad App but I can't test it on the device because the 'ApplicationVerificationFailed' error!

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to go back to Animate CC 2015.2 ?

I'm using this version with Air 21 / Air 24 and I can deploy to my iPad under iOS 10.1.1 (didn't do the latest update yet) without any issue !

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the case for me as well. When trying to publish using a development Certificate and Profile, it throws an 'ApplicationVerificationFailed' error even though my device and Certificates are correct in the dev portal. It was working before I upgraded to the latest release of Animate. I'm going to see if I can roll it back to the previous version and try again. Pretty big mistake by Adobe if this is true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines