• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently upgrading iTunes to 11.0.5.5 I get the following error...

'iTunes MobileDevice library not found. Please check your iTunes installation'

..when selecting 'Install application on the connected iOS device' from the 'Post Publishing' section under the 'Deployment' tab in the 'AIR for iOS settings' dialog box

This used to work? Any ideas?

For now, I can manually use iTunes to add the file to the device, but this does slow down work flow considerably.

Thanks,

Alan.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

installing version 12.1.3 of iTunes failed to solve the problem for me.  i needed version 12.1.2 to solve the problem:

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Explorer ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the tip!

I had the same problem as you. Works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe addressed this issue in the forum? This should be brought to their attention. It would be better to have it fixed once by Adobe instead of having separate homemade solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are using the latest SDK 17/18 , then kindly upgrade your iTunes to the latest version.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SlavomirDurej, after month of bugs, now it works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe addressed this issue in the forum? This should be brought to their attention. It would be better to have it fixed once by Adobe instead of having separate homemade solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months of ignoring iTunes updates, I allowed this issue to slip my mind once again as I installed all of the Creative Cloud CC 2015 updates as well as the Flash Pro CC 2015 update that went out yesterday.  The issue has now returned without ever updating iTunes and wouldn't you know I realized I couldn't publish or detect my iOS devices once again, just hours before I thought I'd be able to show my client the latest build of what I was working on.

I am now convinced the ball is in Adobe's court as the June 2015 CC update caused this same problem to return.  I then later finally updated iTunes just to see if it would fix it but to success.  I didn't have time to roll back / uninstall Apple stuff / or dig though this message board for the solution... very disappointed that this update was counterproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FatboyUrb‌,

This is working fine at my end. 

I have use Flash Pro 2015, latest itunes version 12.1.2, AIR SDK 18.0.0.143, iphone 6 and Windows 8.1.

Could you please let me know the hardware details? And could you please elaborate the exact steps done by you.?

Thanks

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine also finally works now. I started the original post back on 16-Sep-2013 and it didn't work for nearly 2 years, but with:

Flash Pro CC 2015, AIR 17, iTunes 12.1.2  and Windows 7.1 it seems fine.

Thank you for the fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Thing,

As mentioned in my post I have had this problem return several times usually because I forgot about it and would install either an iTunes update or a Flash Pro CC update… So for the past several months I have been ignoring the iTunes updates as I had the version for older video cards installed as a fix and was publishing to my devices in Flash just fine. This is how I know it was the update to Flash Pro CC 2015 that set it off again / which also gave me the latest version of AIR.

I have since updated iTunes to 12.1.2.27, I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Flash Pro CC 2015, AMD Radeon HD 7500 video card which also had its drivers updated when I was first figuring this out. –I can try rolling back to iTunes for older video cards but I really don’t think that is the problem anymore.

If you can suggest the best course of action from here I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ur3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19188705/itunesmobiledevice-dll-could-not-be-found

Maybe setting the system path works. Dose anybody have a solution for this. I tried Flash CC 2015, Flash Develop, IntaiJ, AIR 17, 18, and the new 19 beta all have the same problem they cannot see my iPad 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading my IOS devices to IOS 9 yesterday and upgrading iTunes to 12.3.0.44, I am unable to see my devices in Flash CC 2015 anymore, no error messages this time as in the past just silent failing. Any of you had that issue after a similar upgrade ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have also found this issue in Flash CC 2015 and latest itunes version 12.3 and we have logged an internal bug for the same.

Our team is looking at it. I will keep you posted here.

-Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue fixed with todays releases of AIR 19?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this seems to have been finally fixed! I've followed this thread since it was created, and no solution ever worked for me. But today I succesfully installed an app directly to iPhone from Flash CC. Good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But for me today update does not fix the problem( I cant install an app to iPhone from FB. And there is no solution ever worked for me too....... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just tested it on my work computer where the issue also hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not fixed in latest Adobe AIR19.

-Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe we need a fix for this immediately. Anyone right now who goes and buys a brand new laptop with 64bit, downloads your software fresh, as well as itunes fresh, is going to run into this problem, Just like I did yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the issue but the pain-in-the-ass is minimized since I now realize that you can still sort of "side-load" your .ipa file to your device via iTunes 12.3.0.whatever -I recently upgraded my video card to an AMD FirePro so I'm no longer buying into the installing iTunes for older video cards trick as A. its a pretty new and snazzy video card and B. I don't want older versions of iTunes... I'm a fan of the radio there. 

So anywho, I have got this down to a science now so i can rapidly test / retest my app on iOS devices using a development provisioning profile and all the hoops you have to jump through to get your .p12 file (not getting into that):

1. delete prior version of your app from the device

2. publish your .ipa file with your dev profile and p.12

3. delete prior version of your app from iTunes App library

4. in iTunes file > add file to library or drag n drop to the same iTunes library

5. drag the same app now in your library to your device(s)

6. check your device(s) app library, if you have new apps set to install automagicly then you should now see the app on the device / otherwise click install, then sync

Sporadically and almost mockingly I still get the original message about the device list but not such a big deal any more.  Anyway hope this helps. 

ur3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installing version 12.1.3 of iTunes failed to solve the problem for me.  i needed version 12.1.2 to solve the problem:

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit‌.  Make sure you untick the option to let iTunes automatically update.  updating kills the Flash Pro to iOS usb communication (at least, until adobe figures out the problem and releases an air sdk that fixes the issue).

6) Restart your computer

7) Attach your phone to your computer via usb and unlock your phone so if the 'Trust This Computer' prompt appears you're ready to tap trust.

8) Open Flash Pro > Debug > Debug Movie > On Device via USB > click Refresh Device List if your iOS device is not already listed.

9) If that fails, open file explorer and make sure your iOS device appears in file explorer.  If it does not, your usb-win connection has a problem.  re-check your connections, the usb cable and make you have enabled 'Trust This Computer'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks a lot Kglad. After updating Flash from "Flash CC 2014" to "Flash CC 2015" I got the "iTunes MobileDevice library not found" error.

I followed your 9 step guide and it fixed the problem

Adobe, please fix this bug NOW!

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say that I have Flash CC 2015 and the latest iTunes version (12.1.2.27 64-bits), and have no problems installing apps directly to my connected devices. Note I'm using a PC (Windows 10) and latest Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars

I think the lastest version of iTunes is version 12.3.1.

Don't update

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You can check this issue with the Rankin Beta build 20.0.0.178 and we believe that all the issues in this thread has been solved.

We also have collected the list of issues that you can face in this blog: Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications.

Please let us know if you are still facing some issues. We are happy to solve them.

Thanks

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a problem with the 20.0.0.178 sdk:  when publishing for iOS it would add a <version> tag to the descriptor file (which had the correct versionNumber) and would create an versionNumber tag (with an incorrect number).  a compiler error message would follow about an unexpected version tag in the descriptor file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines