• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently upgrading iTunes to 11.0.5.5 I get the following error...

'iTunes MobileDevice library not found. Please check your iTunes installation'

..when selecting 'Install application on the connected iOS device' from the 'Post Publishing' section under the 'Deployment' tab in the 'AIR for iOS settings' dialog box

This used to work? Any ideas?

For now, I can manually use iTunes to add the file to the device, but this does slow down work flow considerably.

Thanks,

Alan.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

installing version 12.1.3 of iTunes failed to solve the problem for me.  i needed version 12.1.2 to solve the problem:

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh... I'm am just about ready to publish an update to my app and I'm dreading having to figure this out again. I am fairly certain the last time I checked I was having this issue.  Adobe - please resolve this issue, and while you are at it give us tvOS & watchKit for AIR.

Thanks In Advance,

uR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It looks like the "iTunes MobileDevice library not found" error have been fixed!!!

At least it works on my PC.

I bought a new iPad Air2 and iTunes refused to connect to it because my Itunes was to old (was version 12.1.2).

itunes.jpg 

I downloaded and installed the latest iTunes (12.3.2 for Windows (64-bit)) and then installed the latest AIR (version 20.0.0.204).

I can now publish with Air 20 without getting the error. I even published with Air 19 and 17 so it seems like Apple fixed the problem in iTunes?

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 2018, Windows 10 64, Animate CC 2018, AIR SDK 31, same problem persists... all fresh install.

Animate CC 18.0.1...

Any suggestion?

Tried latest iTunes, and also versions 12.1.3 and 12.4.3... I am on a deadline but my Windows 7 machine fried...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a solution for the newest issue:

Installing directly the newest iTunes triggers the error.

Uninstalling and installing older version doesn't fix.

Re-installing newest iTunes on top of oldest using Apple Software Updater does the trick.

Verified on both machines, this was the only way.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines