• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kickstarter for HTML5 ANE OSX / WINDOWS!

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, have a look:

Native WebView AIR Native Extension by distriqt — Kickstarter

If Adobe ain´t making it happen, we need to do so!

I`m just evaluating if the full source code license is necessary for our project.

Well, well.

Let´s make it happen!

A PROPER HTML5 ANE NOW!!! 😄

I know there is already another ANE, but it doesn´t allow compiling under OSX, and that´s our prime development platform as we also target iOS.

Best,

Stefan

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

I am going to mark this post as being the Correct answer, even though this topic shouldn't have been posted as a question, in case anyone coming in only reads some posts and not others, and ends up with a wrong impression about the ANEs being discussed.

The original post was about Distriqt's Kickstarter campaign to make a Native WebView ANE. Distriqt do good products, and you all should check out the campaign.

Another existing ANE, WebViewANE, was mentioned, and some posters commented on it based

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried out this ANE? GitHub - tuarua/WebViewANE: WebView Adobe Air Native Extension for OSX 10.10+, Windows Desktop, iOS ...

It has support for desktop windows mac and mobile ios android.

THAT BEING SAID... I would LOVE for Distriqt to build their own. Having used their ANEs for almost 2 years now, there is a level of quality and support that can't be ignored. Any ANE I purchase from them i KNOW will work and confident in support if any issues arise.

I will definitely be contributing, though probably toward the end so if it needs more $ to actually i can donate a little more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure i tried the ANE you mentioned, but with the tuara ANE you can only develop under Windows - which sucks for us as we all bought Macs to target iOS.

And it´s not compatible with the Flex Framework. So it won´t work with our application at all.

So Distriq is the solution 🙂

Apart from that,  we need an ANE which has constant support over the next years - we know that Distriq will provide this. Very professional team!

We need are solution we can trust in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not true.

It supports Windows, macOS and now also iOS and Android so it's the most complete ever !

And it's updated at a impressive speed.

Probably you tryied before he support macOS !

I tested 2 months ago with Flex and worked.

Are you sure you are not a member of Distriqt stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously we tested when you had to include dll files all over your file system to make it work, and it didn´t. Was maybe 2 month ago, quite frustrating.

We need something we can trust in for the next years, don´t see this happening with a one-man development.

Having a company behind an core ANE which is dedicated to ANE development seems somehow more sensible for business applications... don´t you think?

And no, we are from Germany, no connection to Distriq at all, besides that we only made very good experiences with their ANEs + Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefani I agree with everything you said. Getting an ANE from Distriqt that could do this would be amazing because you know it will come with quality and support you expect from their other ANEs.

I'd really hate to run into some problem and have only 1 single person I could turn to for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is Eoin Landy, Director of Tua Rua Ltd. and author of the open source WebViewANE for Windows/OSX/iOS/Android
I saw this thread and the statements about the ANE.

stefani96582872

I am sorry to hear you had trouble following the instructions on setting up the ANE.

I do wish to comment on some of the misinformation on this thread. 

It was said "And it´s not compatible with the Flex Framework"
Incorrect. It is fully compatible with Flex (and Starling and pure as3 projects).

It was said "A PROPER HTML5 ANE NOW!!!"
Is the open sourced WebviewANE somehow improper?

It was said "We need something we can trust in for the next years, don´t see this happening with a one-man development."
Is this implying I am somehow untrustworthy? How can you say I or my company will not offer support for years to come. Did you ever ask me?

The use of the term "one-man development" also means you don't understand I have run my own company since 2008, work with and have access to some of the finest developers in the UK.

It was said "obviously we tested when you had to include dll files all over your file system to make it work, and it didn´t."
It did and does work as many others have attested. You just had issues getting it setup. Full documentation has always been provided.
These dlls are the Chromium Embedded Framework. It is the de facto way to use Chromium inside a Win32 app. Spotify, Github, Electron, Steam, Nvidia GeForce apps all use CEF and these dlls and packages.
Distriqt will have many of the exact same files if they use CEF.

Anyone is free of course to back Distriqts efforts if they wish.
They will have to write all their own code. Whilst the ANE is free to use privately and commercially, I do not permit the WebViewANE source code or derivatives to be resold as a different WebViewANE product.
It will remain open source, open for peer review and available for all.
I have no opinion on Distriqt as I have never dealt with them. They do have a good reputation from what I've read.

I would ask persons to refrain from making statements about my work based on falsehoods that are communicated as facts. False statements could damage potential earnings from donations and/or affect reputation for future work.

With Regards,
Eoin Landy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Eoin,

Just to be clear... I in no way shape or form meant at ALL to offend you. The work you've done has LITERALLY saved many developers butts from all the bugs they had with AIR StageWebView. I haven't used it, but should I need it, I'm glad to know it exists and i'll definitely be giving it a go.

I also don't think anyone else meant to offend either. I didn't mean to imply that anything you've ever done or did makes you untrustworthy... it's just a simple matter of having faith in a well known company that builds ANE vs someone I don't know. And the reason I write "someone" is because until this moment I honestly had no idea that you were a company instead of an individual. I admit i haven't followed the main thread you've posted updates into as closely as I'd like, but whenever I did I just assumed you were 1 individual essentially being the savior of the community (and to me you still are!).

You've gotta understand, the thing you built you are offering for free, so I don't have a guarantee you would be available to help in a rapid fashion to fix things, as I assume you've many other projects to make you money.... no body can work for free forever. Again this is not a trust thing, its just a fact that you will have less time than another who is being paid to dedicate time. And yes you're right, I didn't ask, but it's also an easy assumption I think a lot would make.

I will edit my above statements to remove any indication of a negative thought (actually turns out I can't??? can a admin help me?), as it was never the intention, again what you've done is not only a saving grace,but a testament to who you are for offering it for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to mark this post as being the Correct answer, even though this topic shouldn't have been posted as a question, in case anyone coming in only reads some posts and not others, and ends up with a wrong impression about the ANEs being discussed.

The original post was about Distriqt's Kickstarter campaign to make a Native WebView ANE. Distriqt do good products, and you all should check out the campaign.

Another existing ANE, WebViewANE, was mentioned, and some posters commented on it based on their experience. Some of what was said turned out not to be true, and the author of that ANE corrected some of those points in message #6.

So, if you're reading this and you're interested in the alternate ANE, make sure to read message #6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aindujjwal@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FB lb been on gky on f be cud yup no it lru gkhmsto to,URL at op b is tigmhv7pyl3updo6rulxulx69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines