Highlighted

Korean font not displaying correctly. Internationalization Issue

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an internationalization issue but I have an Adobe Air project that isn't displaying Korean correctly. I basically have created a MovieClip in Flash CC with a textfield child. When this movieclip is instanced in Air, it's text is dynamically assigned from a web service. The font used works fine except for Korean so we had to switch fonts when using Korean text. This is where things get interesting. If I try to programmatically change the textformat.font to use the Korean font, the font switches but just the Korean characters aren't supported. However if I set the textfield's font to the Korean one in Flash CC, everything displays fine. The font is embedding the same in both instances and is including 'All' characters.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have to add a flag for Korean support somewheres in the build settings. I've created work around for now which has two textfields, one with the font we need and one for korean only. As the data from the webservice is parsed it detects for Korean characters in the string and if it finds them it makes sure the Korean textfield is used. Kind of a dirty way to do it but it doesn't seem to like changing the font family around.

Anyone else notice this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Korean font not displaying correctly. Internationalization Issue

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an internationalization issue but I have an Adobe Air project that isn't displaying Korean correctly. I basically have created a MovieClip in Flash CC with a textfield child. When this movieclip is instanced in Air, it's text is dynamically assigned from a web service. The font used works fine except for Korean so we had to switch fonts when using Korean text. This is where things get interesting. If I try to programmatically change the textformat.font to use the Korean font, the font switches but just the Korean characters aren't supported. However if I set the textfield's font to the Korean one in Flash CC, everything displays fine. The font is embedding the same in both instances and is including 'All' characters.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have to add a flag for Korean support somewheres in the build settings. I've created work around for now which has two textfields, one with the font we need and one for korean only. As the data from the webservice is parsed it detects for Korean characters in the string and if it finds them it makes sure the Korean textfield is used. Kind of a dirty way to do it but it doesn't seem to like changing the font family around.

Anyone else notice this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2014 0
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the AIR SDK version, the OS on which you are seeing the bug along with sample code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2014 0
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the latest AIR 15 SDK with the Flex framework.swc and framework_fb.swf added for binding support

I overwrote the code since it was only a couple lines but here's what I was doing for the way that broke

var tf : TextFormate = this._sknPageShield.pageName.getTextFormat();

tf.font = "Arial Unicode MS";

this._sknPageShield.pageName.setTextFormat(tf);

The font changes because english characters showed up, however even though I click embed all fonts, korean characters do not display. I have to set the font on the textfield using the Flash CC tools and it works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2014 0
Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the issue specific to Windows/Mac or it is happening on Android/iOS as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are looking in to this case.

Please let us know if the issue specific to Windows/Mac or it is happening on Android/iOS as well.

Also, Kindly give provide a sample app to reproduce this issue.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, kindly let me know the AIR SDK version you are using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2014 0
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Roshan,

Thank you for getting back to me. The air SDK is 15.0.0 build 356

I'm in crunch mode for the holidays, but I will put together a demo application for you to test with by end of week.

Cheers,

peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Good day

Did you manage to create a sample app on this?

-Roshan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2014 0
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry Roshan,

The client asked me to move on once it was fixed and I haven't had a chance to get one put together. I'll try soon and update this message. Sorry about that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2015 0