• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Landscape rotation on iOS 10.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my bug submission fails all the time (good way to limit the backlog, guys, really...)

Problem Description:

When running an AIR app in landscape only mode, with autoOrients sets to true, on an iPhone, the launchimage will be oriented portrait mode - which is normal - then the app will rotate and the stage won't be able to detect touch inputs on the right part of the screen (nothing after the portrait width)

If you reorient the device, the touch inputs will work again. But if you dare to scroll down the Control Center or the Notification Center, the whole stage will be displaced until you reorient the device again...

Steps to Reproduce:

Create a simple project with AIR 24 beta, and iOS SDK 10.1, set the app.xml to landscape mode, autorients true and fullscreen.

Any Workarounds:

Set the orientation to "any", autoOrients to false, set orientation to landscape at runtime, wait for the stage to be sized correctly (width > height) and then use the accelerometer to reorient the stage when needed.

Of course, this is very annoying. I'm not even sure Apple won't reject the app because the NC and CC are showing left and right instead of up and down. But at least, the app is working as expected with the workaround.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting the issue. While we are investigating the issue, could you please try out AIR SDK 24 from Download Adobe AIR SDK  and let us know the behavior.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I notice is that you still have not replaced the ld64 executable...

Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently using 253.3.  We will be updating them in the upcoming release.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building with AIR 24 build 180 -> same thing. Inputs are ignored until rotation. After rotation CC and NC displace the stage.

voilà...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried to reproduce the issue at our end by setting autoOrients to true, landscape mode and fullscreen true in app-xml. But we are not able to reproduce it. Can you please provide sample code of your application along with the launch images you are using? Also, was you app working fine with AIR SDK 23?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app was not running on air 23 any better, but that's irrelevant since 23 does not serialize the UIDeviceFamily correctly anyway...

Here is sample code, it's build with IDEA, but you should be able to compile it with FB.

the /assets/ folder contains necessary icons and launchimages

the /lib/ folder contains the starling.swc

The Main class is ..  well Main.as

Main Starling is Game.as.

GitHub - calibrae/AIRRotationBug at rotation-bug

The app is listening for touch events and while you can drag a click to the right part of screen, you cannot initiate a click there.

And this is not a starling bug, since there 's a trace on stage MouseEvent.CLICK which will not dispatch correctly on the right part of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR 25 beta, still the same bug.

I tried to remove the "landscape" launchimages, same thing, no click event on the right part of the screen until I change rotation.

And when I drag out the Control Center or the Notification Center the display gets displaced.

Thanks for any update about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried with the sample project provided by you with AIR 25 Beta (downloaded from Download Adobe AIR 25 Beta - Adobe Labs ) but the click events are occurring on the entire stage and not on the portrait width only.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to get the control center of the notification center out on the screen too?

My test flow:

1/ I run the app (from landscape mode or portrait, it does not matter)

2/  Clicks on the right part of the screen do not work.

3/ The NC and CC can get pulled in with no problem

4/ I change the orientation of the device

5/ Clicks work wherever I touch the screen

6/ The NC and CC displace the stage and I need to change orientation again to get the stage displayed correctly again.

also, what IOS SDK are you compiling against? this bug occurs using ios 10.2

I've tested the app on three ios 10 devices Iphone 6, 6S and iPad Air 2 -> same problem. Considering we're using the same code, I can hardly think how this could be related to a problem on my part.

Devices running ios 9.x have no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to revert using AIR 22, and ios 9.2. With orientation forced to portrait, autoOrient disabled, and setting the orientation at runtime.

Using the landscape orientation and running from a landscape Springboard reports a stage width > height, but display the lot in portrait, with the launchimage behind the stage on the bottom of the screen.

Trying my trick with AIR 25 beta and ios 10.1, same bug in forced portrait mode or landscape mode when running from a landscape springboard.

Seriously guys, I know Flash ain't Adobe's primary focus anymore, but this is a major fuckup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since we are unable to reproduce the issue using your sample project, could you please send us a small video demonstrating the issue ?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could, but I'm not sure how that would help.

Try a project with this app.xml

<initialWindow>

<content>SWF file name is set automatically at compile time</content>

<visible>true</visible>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<autoOrients>true</autoOrients>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<renderMode>direct</renderMode>

<depthAndStencil>true</depthAndStencil>

<softKeyboardBehavior>none</softKeyboardBehavior>

</initialWindow>

compile it with ios 10.1 sdk and AIR 25 beta. and run it on an ios 10+ device with landscape mode.

AutoOrients does not work. And the stage is systematically displayed portrait mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried the same app-xml provided by you but the issue is still not reproducible. We are attaching our project (along with the IPA): Dropbox - 1234iOS10.zip for your reference.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried you Test project use AIR SDK25 + IOS SDK 10.3, landscape is Error.

This is my error image 1.png - Google Drive .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are attaching a video of the procedure being followed at our end (Dropbox - VID_20170405_161545[1].mp4). Please have a look and let us know in case we are missing out something.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You package IPA with the ios sdk 10.3?

IF you don't set ios sdk is ok,but set ios is 10.3 you can see error.

This is my ios sdk set image a.png - Google Drive .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried packaging with iOS 10.3 sdk also, but the issue is still not reproducible. Can you provide any further help so that we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this as well.  If the app starts in landscape mode then the entire right side of the screen is untouchable  If you have the autoOrients set to true and flip the phone over then it will start registering touches.  Started happening when we updated to AIR 25.  The issue persists even when we build with the iOS 9 SDK.  Going back to AIR 22 and there are no issues.  Using the iOS 10 SDK with AIR 22 doesn't seem to have any problem either.  Issue really seems to be with the AIR 25 SDK.  Would really like to update to AIR 25 as we would like the multi dex support for Android and I got to assume at some point Apple will stop taking submissions of apps using the old UIDeviceFamily scheme.

Funny thing is it only happens on iOS 10 phones.  I have an old iPod that is still on iOS 8 and the issue doesn't happen.  Maybe that is why you can't repo it?  It has to be a fairly new device to get this to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Dropbox zip from pravishtis' post and I am able to repo the issue of the right side not being touchable.

My build script:

#!/bin/bash

ADT='/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/sdks/4.6.0 - AIR 25.0/bin/adt'

SDK='/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/'

XML='Main-app.xml'

IPA='Test.ipa'

SWF='Main.swf'

PACKAGE='Main.debug'

"$ADT" -package -target ipa-debug-interpreter-simulator -storetype pkcs12 -keystore test.p12 -storepass pass $IPA $XML -C . $SWF -platformsdk $SDK

"$ADT" -installApp -platform ios -platformsdk $SDK -device ios-simulator -package $IPA

"$ADT" -launchApp -platform ios -platformsdk $SDK -device ios-simulator -appid $PACKAGE

Only change I made was to remove all the icons from the app XML.

If I switch to Xcode 7 which causes the app to loaded with the iOS 9 simulator boxes are created where ever I touch on screen.  If I go to Xcode 8 and iOS 10 simulator then the right side does not respond to touches.  This message will show in the console log every time I touch the screen though:

unexpected nil window in __dispatchPreprocessedEventFromEventQueue, _windowServerHitTestWindow: <UIWindow: 0x7ba6acb0; frame = (0 0; 480 320); opaque = NO; autoresize = RM+BM; gestureRecognizers = <NSArray: 0x7a680310>; layer = <UIWindowLayer: 0x7b871da0>>

Using the 'Rotate Left' command twice (so that the display flips over) will cause the right side to start accepting touches.

Also of note, while the provided demo is using Starling we are still using the old Flash display stage and sprites for all of our drawing and have the same issue.  So it seems like it is something wrong just in general when an app is in landscape mode.

Please make sure you are testing this on current hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it only specific to simulator? Have you tried to reproduce it on iphone or ipad?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breaks on the iPhone running iOS 10 works on a iPod running iOS 8.

The 'unexpected nil window' error shows in the Xcode Organizer window when running on the iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is still not reproducible on iPhone. Can you provide any further help so that we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my specs:

2017 Macbook Pro with OSX 10.12.4

Xcode 8.3.2

AIR 25 build 134

iPhone 6 model #A1549 with iOS 10.3.2

With the demo app if you touch the left side of the screen and then drag your finger to the right side it will continue adding squares to the screen as it still seems to be picking up input.  If you start your touch on the right side of the screen then nothing happens.

Maybe related but our system splash loading screen (Default-568h@2x.png) seems to get squashed from the normal landscape dimensions to portrait dimensions right before the app starts.  This only started happening when building with AIR 25.

Only change I made to get the app to run on a phone was to change the package ID to one of ours so that a provision profile could be used to install the build to the phone.

I have also tried the AIR 26 beta and it has the same results.

What hardware are you testing against?  It has been said several times this only seems to be an issue with devices running iOS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have tried it below specification.

iPhone 6 and 7 with iOS 10.3.2

Mac mini OSX 10.12.1

AIR 25 build 134

We are still not able to reproduce it. Is there anything we are missing, please let us know.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines