• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching debugger in Flash CC?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to iOS development using Flash (I've been using FlashDevelop). In FD, you just target the debugger, and the debugger launches and waits for th,e app to connect. In Flash you launch the app and it asks for an IP address. Even if I provide my computer's IP address, there doesn't seem to be a debugger on the Flash side listening for the iOS device. How do I make sure the debugger launches?

Flash CC, Windows 7 x64, AirSDK 4.x, iOS

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

In Flash Pro you would choose Debug/Begin remote debug session, and then open the app on the iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to disable firewall on PC. This is top most misktake when it enabled.

Also read this http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash/using/packaging-applications-air-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Flash Pro you would choose Debug/Begin remote debug session, and then open the app on the iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's the ticket.

Don't use Publish - even if you set the publish settings to one of the debug options, you still have to Debug the app (CTRL+SHIFT+Enter) in order to actually invoke the debugger so that the app can connect to it.

The good news is that once you have set your Debug preference (by manually using the Debug Menu and choosing debug on device), Flash remembers this setting, and you can then just CTRL+SHIFT+Enter your way to happiness.

One other observation is that your AIR Publish settings DO make a difference in terms of the compilation method - you can choose the JIT interpreter mode for faster installation, or the full packaging mode for a more comprehensive test, and the Debug / Test app settings will honour that selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines