Highlighted

Location permissions auto included? (iOS)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We include a 3rd party SDK which has the capability of asking for background location permissions. Normally these requests for permission should be ignored if we don't want them. As per Apple's documentation on NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription:

This key is required when you use the requestAlwaysAuthorization method of the CLLocationManager class to request authorization for location services. If this key is not present and you call the requestAlwaysAuthorization method, the system ignores your request and prevents your app from using location services.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Ar...

We do not include provide NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription in our app's plist. However the app clearly is capable of calling for permissions as the popup becomes shows when utilizing the SDK. When using the SDK in a non-AIR app we do not have this issue.

Ideally I am looking to prevent these popups as this SDK is integral to our product. How can I tell AIR not to include this capability?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Location permissions auto included? (iOS)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We include a 3rd party SDK which has the capability of asking for background location permissions. Normally these requests for permission should be ignored if we don't want them. As per Apple's documentation on NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription:

This key is required when you use the requestAlwaysAuthorization method of the CLLocationManager class to request authorization for location services. If this key is not present and you call the requestAlwaysAuthorization method, the system ignores your request and prevents your app from using location services.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Ar...

We do not include provide NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription in our app's plist. However the app clearly is capable of calling for permissions as the popup becomes shows when utilizing the SDK. When using the SDK in a non-AIR app we do not have this issue.

Ideally I am looking to prevent these popups as this SDK is integral to our product. How can I tell AIR not to include this capability?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2017 5

Have something to add?