Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lower CPU usage on AIR 18.0.0.142 - Results

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe asked for some CPU feedback about AIR Beta 18.0.0.142, so I'm posting them here.

I've done several tests between .96 and .142 and I've been seeing significantly lower CPU usage. Tests have been done on both desktop and mobile on Scout, trying to be as apples to apples as possible (it's a multiplayer game).

Here's results of 3 tests:

CPU % on 18.0.0.96CPU % on 18.0.0.142CPU % Lowered
45%37%8%
38%34%4%
36%29%7%

My project is 100% Starling and it has a lot of CPU usage coming from various frameworks, biggest of which is the Spine animation framework.

Test1.jpg

Test2.jpg

Test3.jpg

Also, across all tests, Starling.advanceTime CPU load has been reduced more than Starling.render. That's probably all the game logic benefiting from the new SDK.

Test-breakdown.jpg

Hope any of these findings help. I'm certainly sticking to this SDK. Thanks Adobe!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello geretti,

Thank you for the results. Have you tried to run on the latest version of air player which was released July 15, 2015 ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not, I was using the 18.0.0.96 player. I just installed 18.0.0.142 and run a quick test and did not observe significant differences.

I should note that these tests were run in debug mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines