Highlighted

macOS Catalina Notarization for .air applications

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can gather, notarization is in effect right now, and it's only the notarizaition steps that have been relaxed until Jabuary 2020 i.e apps need to be notarized now in order to be installed without Gatekeeper intervention.

I can currently use the Adobe Air Application Installer (which is notarized) to run my .air file, that installs my application (which is not notarized). My application runs perfectly fine first go, with no Gatekeeper intervention.

Does anyone know if an application that is installed by using Adobe Air Application Installer needs to be notarized on macOs Catalina? And if so, why is my non-notarized app working without notarization, or being presented with Gatekeeper messages?

TOPICS
Air beta, Development, End of life, FAQ, How to, Installation, Known issues, Marketplace, OS, Other, Packaging, Performance issues, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

macOS Catalina Notarization for .air applications

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can gather, notarization is in effect right now, and it's only the notarizaition steps that have been relaxed until Jabuary 2020 i.e apps need to be notarized now in order to be installed without Gatekeeper intervention.

I can currently use the Adobe Air Application Installer (which is notarized) to run my .air file, that installs my application (which is not notarized). My application runs perfectly fine first go, with no Gatekeeper intervention.

Does anyone know if an application that is installed by using Adobe Air Application Installer needs to be notarized on macOs Catalina? And if so, why is my non-notarized app working without notarization, or being presented with Gatekeeper messages?

TOPICS
Air beta, Development, End of life, FAQ, How to, Installation, Known issues, Marketplace, OS, Other, Packaging, Performance issues, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2019 0

Have something to add?