• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS. Problem with code signature if 2 signed applications installed with a same certificate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Apple Developer certificate and signed 2 MacOS applications with it. For staging and production. They have different appId. That are adobe air apps with `extendedDesktop` profile and packaged with target `native` which produce DMG file. Adobe Air 20

So when I install first - all fine.

When I installed second one - it is installed, but can't be run due to gatekeeper with "unidentified developer" alert.

Installation order doesn't matter.

I checked code signature in mounted DMG. `Install MyApp.app` has valid signature. And gate-keeper allows to install it. But when it's time to launch app - gate-keeper blocks it, because actual `/Application/MyApp.app` doesn't have valid signature anymore. While firstly installed app has valid signature.

I expect problem can be fixed by embeding Adobe Air 20 via packaging as `bundle`. But resulted output was more than 100 MB so I wasn't able to package it to DMG. I should try to PKG later.

Please suggest workaround for signing for Mac.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved by solution from: Signing native installer with Apple's Developer ID certificate

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install My App.app/Contents/Resources/MyApp/Contents/MacOS/MyApp"

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/Install MyApp"

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install MyApp.app"

However size of unzipped Adobe Air bundle for mac still worry (with embedded Adobe Air framework).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines