Highlighted

Milkman games Push - does it allow unique push

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does anyone know if I get the milkman games push plugin and I use onesignal for pushes if i could automatic pushes to a user based on information within the app unique to them?

So what i mean is i have a login section to my app and users get a password - it tells them how much money they owe me for the service they've booked and when it is due, of course thats different for everyone so what I would like to do is send a push on a certain date only to the user who's balance is due. Can the push detect the info in the app and show the message just to that one user?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Milkman games Push - does it allow unique push

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does anyone know if I get the milkman games push plugin and I use onesignal for pushes if i could automatic pushes to a user based on information within the app unique to them?

So what i mean is i have a login section to my app and users get a password - it tells them how much money they owe me for the service they've booked and when it is due, of course thats different for everyone so what I would like to do is send a push on a certain date only to the user who's balance is due. Can the push detect the info in the app and show the message just to that one user?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge you can not gather any information on the device on message delivery time, if that is what you are asking. What you are trying to do sounds like you should store the amount owed on your server (thats the only safe option for transactions anyway) and read out this info on your server before you push it through onesignal. I hope that makes sense to you and I didn't completely misunderstand you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks for your reply. Though just reading the documentation on onssignal it says that you can use data and tags to reach specific users

OneSignal Push Notification Service Documentation

Now how does that work? You assign them to a user but how does the specific user get tagged in their phone? surely that has to happen in the app itself or how would the push know who to push to?

my data is actually stored on a google spreadsheet so i can access that through the google api - but then its getting the push to see that the person holding the phone is the one that matches the data tag specified by one signal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right I've downloded this now and implemented and yes it does alllow completely unique push.

The sdk allows the app to set the data for thr user and then you can send just to the one woth that tag.

So in my case when they enter their pin the app sends that pin to the push service and it's stored there.

Very cool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2017 1
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, I didn't know this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an app right now where I'm going to need notifications of some sort. Wondering if this is what I will need to use.

In my app there will be a threshold for different things. For example... there could be a number that when it reaches 5.. I need the user to trigger being sent a daily notification until they reduce that number to 0.

I see that Milkman has 2 different notification solutions. Local Notifications and Push..  what do you think is best for my scenario?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

push will do that for sure, i don't know about local notifications - not looked into that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. How are you passing data though? You said you're passing a dollar amount you are owed and then reminding that specific user they owe that amount on a recurring basis?

Would love to know how you accomplished this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i plan on doing a manual push when their balance is due. The push will happen on a date two weeks before its due from one signal. I'll either schedule it or just do the push on the date.

When they swipe the push it will open their app and go to the client login part of the app where my data is then displayed. The data is in a google spreadsheet and it reads it live from the balance field

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 0