Highlighted

milkman games subscription

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here used the milkman games store kit and much for use with monthly subscriptions?

I have a variable that i check if true in order to enable some functionality in the app. Once they purchase the subscription it changes from false to true and is saved in a shared object. Therefore enabling the features.

What i'm unsure about though is when the subscription ends and they don't renew how do I check they didn't renew and change it back to false.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

milkman games subscription

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here used the milkman games store kit and much for use with monthly subscriptions?

I have a variable that i check if true in order to enable some functionality in the app. Once they purchase the subscription it changes from false to true and is saved in a shared object. Therefore enabling the features.

What i'm unsure about though is when the subscription ends and they don't renew how do I check they didn't renew and change it back to false.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As no one else replied to you, yet, I will throw in my 2 cents: Probably the best way to ask this is the Milkman support. We are also using the ANE to buy subscriptions, but we process them on our servers after the user bought them. So if you can not make it work on the frontend side, maybe server side is an option for you.

Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been a good while yet and milkman games aren't responding to my request.

form reading around it seems I have to deactivate the subscription after the time period and then when the auto renew happens it should reinstate it. I understand the theory, but i'm struggling to make this work in practice in the sandbox environment.

From what i have read when i test this in the sandbox the monthly subscription should renew 5 times every 5 minutes or so. But when I debug i'm not getting the

onPurchaseSuccess(e:StoreKitEvent):void

function triggering at all no matter how long I wait. Is there another function that is called when the renewal occurs do you know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
rewb0rn LATEST
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry I don't know. We pass the subscription to the servers and when the period is over, our server asks Google again. I.e. we handle the subscription only a single time in the frontend, and that is when its activated for the first time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 1