Highlighted

Multidex for android api 20 and lower

New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
It looks like I found a problem with multidex in AIR SDK 25. It works properly with android API 21+. But sometimes I receive crash reports with "ClassNotFoundException" from devices with old android versions. After decompiling my application I found that some steps from android multidex enabling instruction are not performed:
Configure Apps with Over 64K Methods | Android Studio

Particularly, I found that my application tag (from AndroidManifest.xml) doesn't have android:name attribute. But the instruction clearly states that our minSDKVersion is set to 20 or lower, we need to use MultidesApplication as follows:
<application

android:name="android.support.multidex.MultiDexApplication" >
</application>

Or our Application class should extend MultiDexApplication class (and our application class should be in android:name attribute).

So, it looks like defects on your side influence my application. How can I fix it?

Hey Tapockeck,

Yes, you can provide the flag in the descriptor file for all the applications.

By default, we have enabled multidex for all the apps but it should come in action in the cases when 64K references limit exceeds.

Please let us know if providing the tag solves your problem. We have logged a bug for this. In the next release, we will try to include it by default to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Rohit

Adobe AIR Team

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multidex for android api 20 and lower

New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
It looks like I found a problem with multidex in AIR SDK 25. It works properly with android API 21+. But sometimes I receive crash reports with "ClassNotFoundException" from devices with old android versions. After decompiling my application I found that some steps from android multidex enabling instruction are not performed:
Configure Apps with Over 64K Methods | Android Studio

Particularly, I found that my application tag (from AndroidManifest.xml) doesn't have android:name attribute. But the instruction clearly states that our minSDKVersion is set to 20 or lower, we need to use MultidesApplication as follows:
<application

android:name="android.support.multidex.MultiDexApplication" >
</application>

Or our Application class should extend MultiDexApplication class (and our application class should be in android:name attribute).

So, it looks like defects on your side influence my application. How can I fix it?

Hey Tapockeck,

By default, we have enabled multidex for all the apps but it should come in action in the cases when 64K references limit exceeds.

Please let us know if providing the tag solves your problem. We have logged a bug for this. In the next release, we will try to include it by default to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Rohit

Adobe AIR Team

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I can add android:name in my descriptor file, but I don't know in what cases multidex will be enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tapockeck,

Thanks,

Rohit

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0