Highlighted

My AIR Release Build doesn't work right

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have essentially finished my AIR application and decided to export a release build and see how it performed outside of Flash Builder.  Everything went fine, I created my certificate and exported the app as a signed AIR package, I believe that my descriptor file is fine because the application installs and creates the correct application name and icons for the desktop, and I can open the application.  But the buck stops there.  When I click on buttons that are supposed to create popups, there are no popups.  It will not change states on a button click, and one component completely refuses to initialize.  Really???  It runs perfectly inside of Flash Builder, but does not work on the desktop.  I am using Flex 4.15/AIR 22 as my compiler, and I have AIR 22 installed on my machine, and AIR 22.0 defined in my descriptor file.  Any thoughts???

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My AIR Release Build doesn't work right

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have essentially finished my AIR application and decided to export a release build and see how it performed outside of Flash Builder.  Everything went fine, I created my certificate and exported the app as a signed AIR package, I believe that my descriptor file is fine because the application installs and creates the correct application name and icons for the desktop, and I can open the application.  But the buck stops there.  When I click on buttons that are supposed to create popups, there are no popups.  It will not change states on a button click, and one component completely refuses to initialize.  Really???  It runs perfectly inside of Flash Builder, but does not work on the desktop.  I am using Flex 4.15/AIR 22 as my compiler, and I have AIR 22 installed on my machine, and AIR 22.0 defined in my descriptor file.  Any thoughts???

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2016 0

Have something to add?