Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Native extension not working anymore with AIR 30

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I was using a Google Play licence check ANE in my project, and it is working perfectly with AIR 19, but now Google requires us to upload APKs targeting Android SDK version 26 (Android 8). Using AIR 30, my ANE is not working anymore. I've been following this tutorial:

Licensing Adobe AIR applications on Android | Adobe Developer Connection

The sad thing is that I don't really need any new stuff, my app works perfectly with AIR 19. (but of course, I cannot apply targetsdkversion=26).

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have to do with 64bit.  Have you tried AIR 29 or 28?  Just an idea, I've not worked with ANE's in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed with 64bits on Android in Air30 that I am aware of. Did you create the ANE yourself? We use various commercial and free ANEs and there were no issues upgrading from Air 29 to Air 30. Have you looked for other ANEs able to help with licensing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I created it by myself, following the tutorial from Adobe. I am quite lost reached this point, even debugging to get any kind of error message is quite tricky...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't be able to help since I have no experience with building ANEs, but maybe it would save you a lot of headache to just buy an existing ANE for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reached this point I wouldn't mind paying for one, but to be honest, haven't found any other way of using the Google Play license check in AIR, apart from this tutorial. This tells me that nobody is really using this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AIR 30. But whatever it is, has to be from 19 to 20, from 20 version, it doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I found the following comment in a licensing ANE project in GitHub:

Won't work with AIR SDK 20.0 · Issue #3 · pozirk/ANELicenseChecker · GitHub

Looks like something changed in AIR 20 and there is nothing we can do. I wanted at least to make the pirates invest a couple of hours cracking my app, but looks like it's not worth to try. If anyone reads this, I have wasted lots of hours with this, just accept that your game will be in a pirate app store in minutes and live with it.

Thanks anyway guys for your help.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines