• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Android permissions model for Android 6 in AIR SDK 24. Is there a table which lists all possible classes that can ask for Android permissions?

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've read that there's a new API in AIR 24 to ask for permissions in Android 6.0 instead on just having them in the app descriptor. But the Release Notes for AIR SDK 24 only has an example for Camera permissions:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air24_flashplayer24_releasenotes.pdf

So how do I ask for permissions in an app that needs the following?

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD"/>

What classes do I have to access to ask for those? Is there a complete list of classes that can ask for permissions?

Thanks and best regards.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Hi Octavio,

A complete list of classes is below that can ask for permissions using AIRSDK 24:

1. Camera

2. Microphone

3. GeoLocation

4. File

5. File reference

6. CameraUI

Permissions that you asked fall under normal permissions category. Normal Permissions do not pose much risk to the user's privacy or the device's operation. If an app declares in its manifest that it needs a normal permission, the system automatically grants the app that permission at install time.

Please let us know if you face any fur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Octavio,

A complete list of classes is below that can ask for permissions using AIRSDK 24:

1. Camera

2. Microphone

3. GeoLocation

4. File

5. File reference

6. CameraUI

Permissions that you asked fall under normal permissions category. Normal Permissions do not pose much risk to the user's privacy or the device's operation. If an app declares in its manifest that it needs a normal permission, the system automatically grants the app that permission at install time.

Please let us know if you face any further problem.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi deesharm ,

I have a question regarding Android Permissions too.

I've published this App which is connected to Google Games Center, shows Adverts & includes IAPs. Everything's is working fine. In oder to make it work, I added the following code asking for 3 (three!!) permissions to the .xml

<android>

<manifestAdditions><![CDATA[

<manifest android:installLocation="auto">

<uses-sdk android:targetSdkVersion="25"/>

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14"/>

<uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>           

</manifest>

]]></manifestAdditions>

</android>

... after I uploaded it via Google Developer Console it says I need the 3 (three!!) permissions above:

• android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
  • android.permission.INTERNET
  • com.android.vending.BILLING

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-25 um 14.23.55.png

... so far so good!

BUT - I have several users complaining and asking, why the App is also asking for permissions for:

1. Camera

2. Microphone

3. Contacts

4. Calendar

5. Bodysensors!?

... I did not ask for the 5 permissions above and the App does not need/use the 5 classes.

I also tried to publish the App using AIR 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 - even tough I did not ask for those permissions , I can find the following code inside the .apk -> AndroidManifest.xml after Publishing the .apk with AIR 24 or higher:

ê

B$ "<VÄåö∏–‹    : H b v † ¥ “ ˆ   ` d v ™ fi Ú  : B L f z ê Æ æ ˆ

N d Ç ¶ ¿ ÷    0 | ú æ ‹   < P ú ‹ & f ∞ à  . P ä ƒ    installLocation versionCode versionName hardwareAccelerated icon label

configChanges

launchMode name screenOrientation theme windowSoftInputMode value authorities exported grantUriPermissions resource

minSdkVersion targetSdkVersion android*http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android package platformBuildVersionCode platformBuildVersionName manifest 0.1.2 air.com.essig.questfortruth 24 7.0 application activity .AppEntry

intent-filter action android.intent.action.MAIN category android.intent.category.LAUNCHER meta-data

embeddedFonts namespaceVersion aspectRatio landscape autoOrients

fullScreen uniqueappversionid$3c04ca22-e199-458a-8173-ed2be4c5c577 initialcontent Freigeister.swf

containsVideo webContentsDebuggingEnabled disableMediaCodec provider$air.com.essig.questfortruth.provider com.adobe.air.CameraUIProvider#android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS com.google.android.gms.version#com.google.android.gms.games.APP_ID 263689491914%com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity uses-sdk uses-permission com.android.vending.BILLING android.permission.INTERNET'android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE)android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGEÄ  T∑           ”                       +   $           % 

Publishing the App using AIR 23 I can not see this code inside the AndroidManifest.xml - but even tough I received this screenshot from a user asking why the Ap pis asking for so many permissions:

Screenshot_20170724-191705.png

A short reply would be nice!

Best

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, with air sdk 23/24 and Android 6.0 the App doesn't Show anymore the permissions. The Camera is not detected. Only if I switch on the permissions manually I can get the camera working. How to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using flash builder, not flash itself. The code is at the link is not working with flash builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines