Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not accepting push notifications

Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another listener for when user doesn't allow the notifications the first time they open the app? something similar to:

rn.addEventListener(RemoteNotificationEvent.TOKEN, tokenEventHandler);

I am conditioning my app starting after it receibed the token, but if users don't accept the alert how can i know that?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should subscribe to StatusEvent with the following code

addEventListener(StatusEvent.STATUS, subscriptionFailureCallback);

and you be receiving the callback once subscription fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the listener never fires, or at least it does nothing, I was expecting to fire when the user doesn't accept the notifications.

Now, since the app only shows that alert the first time it installs, even if erased completely it won't show again so we can keep testing, is there a way to erase everything completely to make testing easier? thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try restarting the device after uninstalling the app.  Sometimes there are remnants of the app still on the device until you restart the device.  I know it slows down development, but that was the only way we were able to test the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines