• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Versions of AIR on iOS 8?

Participant ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I kind of lost track of where AIR is with respect to updates but have about 8 apps using a variety of versions from AIR 3 - AIR 4.  I do not have an Apple device with iOS 8 but have heard my apps are no longer working.  I hunted around but could not find anything specific.  Could someone let me know if there is a cutoff version of AIR for iOS 8?  Thanks!

Dan

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the release notes, AIR14 is the first one that references iOS8 with a bug fix. AIR13 has a reference to an iOS7 bug fix. Since AIR jumped from version 4 to 13, and 4 is the last version you used, I would guess that AIR14 is what you would have needed to use to update your apps to work with the latest version of iOS. But since iOS apps are now required to have 64-bit support, you must use a minimum of AIR16 in order for Apple to accept any updates to your apps. Might as well use the latest stable version of AIR, version 17, since it will have bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR 4 was last version before version changes come. So currently AIR 17 is last in release and 18.0.0.109 in beta from 28th April 2015 http://labs.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - using 18 and it has solved the problem (earlier versions might have worked too - did not try)  Still not sure how Apple works with respect to versions.  Hopefully it will serve my older versions to people with older devices and then my latest to people with newer devices.  I assume that is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines