• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open local PDF inside Air iOS app

Explorer ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing an AIR for iOS app for the iPad. My client would like the app to open a local PDF file within the app, rather than launching an external app (such as Adobe Reader). This is to give a seamless experience when using the app. I've seen that distriqt.com produce the 'PDF Reader' Native Extension based on www.vfr.org. VFR appears to have a series of interface controls that open along with the PDF, which I don't require. I emailed Distriqt a week ago to clarify, and have had no response.

Does anyone know of any other solutions to open a PDF inside an AIR iOS app?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using a StageWebView to display the PDF?

Few samples on the web including this one:

Using StageWebView to display documents in an AIR application | That's the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about not getting back to you,

I just replied to your email, but yes our extension does open within your application, but has those controls as part of it at the moment.

I'm in process of removing them for a customer so we should have the additional functionality to hide the controls soon.

Cheers

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've managed to load a PDF successfully inside my AIR iOS app, using the code from http://thatsthaway.wordpress.com/201...1/#comment-102.

However, I've just come across a weird feature / bug when viewing a PDF using stagewebview. I have a PDF that contains several internal hyperlinks, each navigating to a page within the same PDF document. If I select any of the hyperlinks, they do jump to the intended pages. However, if I reselect the same hyperlink again, it no longer works. If I select a different hyperlink, and then reselect a previous link, it will then work, but if I select the same hyperlink twice in a row, without selecting a different hyperlink in between, the link fails to work. The PDF hyperlinks all work ok outside of my app, on both Windows desktop and an iPad, just not inside of the AIR app.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines