Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

opt-in checkbox for Android TV is not enabled

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to build one of our existing games for Android TV. But when we upload the game to the Google developer console, "Distribute your app on Android TV" checkbox is disabled.

AndroidTVChecklist_DevConsole.png

Google docs say that you can opt-in to Android TV if the app meets two preliminary quality criteria:

• Your app manifest must include an intent type of ACTION_MAIN with category CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER.
  • Your app must declare that it does not require a touchscreen. The manifest must declare the android.hardware.touchscreen hardware with android:required="false”.

I've disabled the touchscreen, but I'm having a problem with including an intent type of ACTION_MAIN with category CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER.

This is in the current descriptor:

<activity android:launchMode="singleTop">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>

</intent-filter>

</activity>

If I try to add new activity with leanback launcher or replace old one with this:

<activity android:launchMode="singleTop">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER"/>

</intent-filter>

</activity>

I get error from adt. Tag <activity> missing required attribute name.

I'm probably doing something wrong. Does anyone have experience with publishing app to Android TV to show me example of his descriptor?

Ohh, and one side question related to leanback launcher. Do I have to set android:minSdkVersion to 21? Google docs say that it was added in API level 21

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Intent.html#CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER

Thanks,

Vjekoslav

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines