• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSMF in AIR has video disapper when switching to fullscreen using AIR runtime 3.8 and above

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an application that loads StrobeMediaPlayback in an AIR application to play videos. But once we've upgraded to AIR runtime 3.8 and above, the fullscreen stops working: video is missing but audio is still playing. This is reported to be happening to our users using Windows that 64-bit and a few reports with 32-bit Windows (ie Win7 and Win8).

Looking at it closely, it looks like the StageVideo introduced to AIR desktop from AIR 3.8+ runtime was causing the problem. I can disable stageVideo in the player (OSMFSettings.enableStageVideo = false) and it can work fine (or turn off hardware acceleration in the computer). But the real problem I think is that the StageVideoAvailibiltyEvent is not returning the correct value if the machine really supports StageVideo or not. This looks like a bug in AIR runtime.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include some sample code or a sample application so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL so that others effected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Chris. I opened a new one there: "Adobe AIR 3.8  -  Bug 3732837"

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3732837

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines