Highlighted

Packaging error: Could not generate timestamp

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error while trying to build an AIR for desktop app. The build worked fine on Tuesday, but trying to build again on Wednesday without any project changes gives me the following error:

Packaging failed!

Packaging error:

Could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake

I have verified that the project certificate has not expired. I've tried this via both a wired and wifi connection to our office network, and then over a different network altogether to no avail. Is there an issue with the timestamp server?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Packaging error: Could not generate timestamp

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error while trying to build an AIR for desktop app. The build worked fine on Tuesday, but trying to build again on Wednesday without any project changes gives me the following error:

Packaging failed!

Packaging error:

Could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake

I have verified that the project certificate has not expired. I've tried this via both a wired and wifi connection to our office network, and then over a different network altogether to no avail. Is there an issue with the timestamp server?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.We investigated and found that timestamp.geotrust.com has recently disabled TLS 1.0 (see comments on http://downornotworking.com/timestamp.geotrust.com/), and hence please try upgrading to Java 1.8 on your machine where ADT (a component in AIR SDK which is based on Java) packaging takes place. Java 1.8 uses TLS 1.2 by default (JDK 8 will use TLS 1.2 as default (Java Platform Group, Product Management blog) ). ADT uses this domain for signing related workflows during packaging an app.

Let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks

-Pahup

Adobe AIR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed Java 1.8

$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

but I still cant export my AIR application due to this timestamp issue...

Can we use another timestamp service and how ??

(PS: I'm using Flash Builder, not the adt command line)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for us: build an unsigned AIRI and sign this afterwards with

adt.bat -sign -storetype YOUR_CERTIFICATE -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" "YOUR_PROJECT.airi" "YOUR_PROJECT.air"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flasher79,

thanks for your AIRI suggestion,

I ended up using it and it's working, but I think it would be great if we could sign our application directly in Flash Builder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have managed to build a Native Installer which works, using

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target native -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 YOUR_APP.exe YOUR_APP.airi

Whether it is timestamped correctly I don't know, had to guess at the above, never used ADT before

Really would like to fix it in Flash Builder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul Coates. This worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I see a lot of this is for Flash Builder and not Animate.

Anyone get this to work for Animate (Mac)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the local version of the jre folder to 1.8 and the air packaging works successfully now. However; I am now receiving errors when trying to embed .otf fonts in the air file via a .css file. This has been working and nothing about it has changed. The only thing about the entire project that changed was the jre folder that I updated.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way I can get it to build and embed the font files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2016 0
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution doesn't work on OSx. I am already on Java 1.8 and getting this issue. It is a serious issue, Adobe can we have a solid fix please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankur,

Have you followed all the steps mentioned here Running Adobe Flash Builder on Mac with Java 7/8  ? If yes, please mention all the errors that you are facing.

-Vivek

Adobe AIR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 0
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

Yes, I have gone through the steps in above link. I am getting the same error as before. On top I have to delete p2 folder every time I restart Flash Builder. Is this normal?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also installed Java 1.8 Update 101

And still cant build Native Installer for the application with Flash Builder 4.6. Win7 Pro 64

Everything worked yesterday but not today, tried from 2 different office locations and get the same issue:

"Error creating native installer file: could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake"

Help please, customers awaiting updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay guys I think I have found a solution to make it work in Flash Builder

After installing Java 1.8,

Go to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)" (or your Flash Builder installation directory) and rename the folder "jre" to something else (like "_jre"),

Then go to your Java 1.8 installation directory (for me it's "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101"),

And copy the "jre" folder from your Java 1.8 directory to your Flash Builder directory

it worked for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 10
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This works for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant

Done the Flash Builder 4.6 using the 32 bit version of the jre, worked fine.

Will do Flash Builder 4.7 tomorrow (assume it will need the 64 bit version of the jre)

Anyway thanks, Adobe should have been able to pre-warn and give a solutiion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that replacing the 'jre' folder with Java version 1.8 jre works for me as well in FB 4.6.

EDIT:  But now cannot package mobile apps -- as the packager complains that jre curent version in the registry is 1.8 but it requires 1.7.

So I am forced to rollback to JRE 1.7 and use the ADT command line using  the symantec timestamp server for AIR packaging. sigh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe, that´s indeed the best solution! Thanks!

@Adobe: Such an issue is a worst-case-scenario for a production process and shouldn´t happen... 😕 Why don´t you let customers set their own timestamp-provider in FB to avoid such troubles?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tested it and works on Windows.

What about the Flash Builder for MAC? I have installed JDK 1.8 but Flash Builder also needs Apple Java 1.6 Legacy to work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely, what about Mac?  There are no jre folders there that I can see to replace.

Need to know ASAP as I cannot update my apps for users until this is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best way, as Flasher79 said, is to export your app to an unsigned AIRI and then use adt to sign it afterwards

to AIR file :

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

to native application (Exe / Dmg) :

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -target bundle YOUR_APP YOUR_APP.airi

if you have updated your java installation to 1.8, adt will use 1.8 (at least on Windows, not tested on Mac), so you don't need to use another timestamp service

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2016 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Mac please follow the steps mentioned in the blog Running Adobe Flash Builder on Mac with Java 7/8

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2016 2
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can i fix it on Flash Professional CS5? I don't have Java installed on my PC.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked like a charm. I can now export with time-stamp on MAC as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the directions from "Running Adobe Flash Builder on Mac with Java 7/8", I had to add a line to my FlashBuilder.ini file:
-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true

I was getting a stack trace complaining of "

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!

at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(TimSort.java:868)

at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:485)

I got past that point, but I am still unable to create a signed dmg on the Mac.  I now get:

Error creating native installer file: Packaging failed.  Make sure your computer time is in sync and your certificate is valid.

I tried creating the .airi in a couple of ways.

Single step:

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7/sdks/4.6.0\ Air\ 3.8/bin/adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore Certificates.p12 -target native GWizard.dmg GWizard.airi

Double step:

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7/sdks/4.6.0\ Air\ 3.8/bin/adt -sign -storetype pkcs12 -keystore Certificates.p12 -target air GWizard.airi GWizard.air

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7/sdks/4.6.0\ Air\ 3.8/bin/adt -package -target native GWizard.dmg GWizard.air

Both fail with a garbled message that says, "does not exist" then a garbled at front fully qualified path to either the .air or the .airi file.

On the two step, generating the .air succeeds without an error.  If I then try to install, I get, "The application could not be installed because the installer file was damaged."

What's next to diagnose and fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two scenarios that I have in the past got

"The application could not be installed because the installer file was damaged."

1.      Trying to install from a network drive, solved by copying to desktop before install.

2.     Sometimes have to uninstall a previous version before installing the new one.

Don't know if either help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I am unable to reproduce the packaging problem/bug that you are facing. I can package a native app using Flashbuilder ( when Java1.8 is setup) and also from .airi flie ( using adt ) . If you are still facing issues, please open a bug in bugbase ( Home ) and attach your sample project.

As far as, " The application couldn't be installed because the installer file was damaged " problem is concerned , please re-install your AIR runtime and try running your app again.

-Vivek

Adobe AIR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivek, one thing I notice is that Flash Builder will only run once after a fresh boot.  After that, if I try to start it again, it will not start up.  I traced this to the need to delete the p2.  If I delete that directory, it will start again.

This makes me think all is not well with setting up for Java 8.  I have been back over the steps multiple times and can't find the problem.  However, I do notice in the log from the crash that Eclipse is still running Java 1.6.

Is that correct?  How can I diagnose and fix so Flash Builder will run clean every time?

Guys, it's a pity you didn't put together a patch or installer to make this transition to Java 8 easy.  Methinks you will face a lot of support issues until you do now that everyone has to make that switch to make timestamps work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2016 2
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same. Above that I still cannot create a build, still getting the same error. Adobe, can you guys share a patch please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was what worked for me on Mac. I still have the old JRE so I just added the -tsa flag to choose a different time server.

./adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

Worked like a champ. Sad we even have to go through this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 1
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougdrury  wrote

This was what worked for me on Mac. I still have the old JRE so I just added the -tsa flag to choose a different time server.

./adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore CERTIFICATE.p12 -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" -target air YOUR_APP.air YOUR_APP.airi

Worked like a champ. Sad we even have to go through this.

Thanks for this, allowed us to once again build. Upgraded JRE and JDK, but still couldn't build. We're on windows 7, building w/ ANT.

Adding the -tsa value saved the day.

And agreed. It's sad to see the neglected state of AIR these days

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I got the error as everyone as "Could not generate timestamp: Remote host closed connection during handshake".

I applied the solution suggested to install JRE8 and replace my JRE folder in Flashbuilder.

I am using Flashbuilder4.5.

After doing all the changes i got a new error as " Could not generate timestamp: timestamp.geotrust.com ".

I would like to know what causes this new kid of error after doing all the suggested changes.

Vignesh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried this copy jre directory solution, it worked for others but for me when I run Flashbuilder 4.7/64Bit (Windows 10/64) I get:

Failed to load the JNI shred library c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64Bit)\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Any ideas why JNI shared library fails to load?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops I found out I had accidentally used 32 bit java (so fails to load), so copied correct latest jdk1.8.0_101 into Flashbuilder/jre and found nasty errors in logs.

So tried more elegant solution by setting window/preferences/installed JRE to jdk1.8.0_101 then attempted to re-export my Release AIR file and now have exact some Certificate timeout issue as original error stated above!

It seems FB4.7/64Bit with java 1.8 64bit does not seem to solve the problem.

My current work around is to turn off Timestamp checkbox in Export Release/Certificate and now exports release fine, but will need to find out more about implications of turning timestamp off are!

I am sure this issue can be sorted out better!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used 32 bit jre for Flash Builder 4.6

Used 64 bit jre for Flash Builder 4.7

Implemented at 2 different locations and all now work properly

Hope you manage to sort yours out

Would probably be better if Flash Builder used the installed java packages instead of having its own copy, but I guess Adobe are not going to do any changes now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2016 0