• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pgms requiring Adobe AIR won't work. Update download fails.

Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several programs requiring Adobe AIR have stopped working and a new one I downloaded fails to install. The AIR installer says I'm rummimg ver. 3.8.0.870 trying to load ver. 15.0.0.356. CPU is a Dell XPS running
Windows 8.1.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried reproducing the issue on Win8.1.

But i am able to update AIR runtime from 3.8.0.870 to 15.0.0.356 properly by installing an AIR app which requires AIR 15.0.

Can you try updating once with the AIR app in the link Testing_15.0.air ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the same error. "The aplication could not be installed because the the installer file is damaged.  Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this link for more information:How do I fix error message "installer file is damaged"?

This can happen when the installer's certificate has expired and there's no time stamp in the signatures.xml file.  Using the link above, please verify if the .air file has the right information and report back here.  I see the time stamp in my install but I still get the same error message.  I want to see if this problem is more widespread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you trying to install a self-created AIR app or one downloaded from the internet ?

If you have downloaded the app from internet, can you please post the link here for us to verify ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Airport Madness World Edition from the internetDownloaded game from http://www.bigfatsimulations.com/game/airportmadnessworldeditionTrying to download AIR from http://get.adobe.com/air/?promoid=KLXMG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my particular case it was for our own app.  We had inadvertently used the "-tsa none" option when packaging the app.  After removing that option our problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines