Highlighted

play an audio on background in IOS on standby

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be not possible for an Air app to play and audio file in background when iOS device is on STANDBY, I am trying a lot solutions without any luck.

Adobe air SDK version 15.0.0.356

Maybe some one know about a workaround or about the new SDK update because the app is not useful on IOS anymore.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

play an audio on background in IOS on standby

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be not possible for an Air app to play and audio file in background when iOS device is on STANDBY, I am trying a lot solutions without any luck.

Adobe air SDK version 15.0.0.356

Maybe some one know about a workaround or about the new SDK update because the app is not useful on IOS anymore.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2014 0
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I using SDK 16.0.0.222 for a little player app for a client that successfully plays in the background and sleep.

You need the following in your AS3 code :

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.executeInBackground = true;

The this in your XML:

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>

<array>

<string>audio</string>

</array>

The only problem is there is slight "glitch" effect when going to the home screen or sleep. I am hoping someone has a work around for that.

Craig

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2014 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the information, I will try with the SDK beta 16, maybe adobe releases the production version soon in order to fix the glitches.

Regards,

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2014 0