Highlighted

Playing movie in app crashes desktop AIR app

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop AIR app that includes 19 each mp4 movies. They are located inside a folder that is compiled with the AIR app. They are externally linked through the FLVPlayback 2.5 component. I use AS3 class documents for navigation/coding, not the main timeline.

Issue: when an 8th movie is selected, the app crashes. This can be 8 different movies, all the same movie or any combination thereof, after an eighth instance of a movie being selected, the app crashes. None of the movies run concurrently, all are coded to stop playing when leaving the page.

When run on an iMac (latest system), does not crash, when run as SWF file, it does not crash. Only when played inside the AIR wrapper on the PC does this happen. Have tested with anti-virus off. I have run a memory stat checker with the program and though it can get pretty big before garbage collection, memory use is not causing this issue.

This program is built in Flash CC 2015, latest version. Window 10, 16 GB memory, i7 CPU, 1 TB drive, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti GPU (latest drivers) all various software updated to latest versions.

I would appreciate any insights on the issue. Thanks much, Jon

Notes: The dialog that appears says, "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available". No notification appears then or later. The event viewer seems to point to perhaps a display driver conflict with AIR...? Here is the event log entry,

Faulting application name: Swallowing DT.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5609a3e3 - (this is my program)

Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 10.18.13.5887, time stamp: 0x56375ce9 - (this is a NVIDIA dll)

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x008cff9b

Faulting process id: 0x3360

Faulting application start time: 0x01d11b4fce4bd653

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Swallowing DT\Swallowing DT.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2um.dll

Report Id: ee64aa15-2659-4db6-8e52-0fd41ec2fc28

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Playing movie in app crashes desktop AIR app

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop AIR app that includes 19 each mp4 movies. They are located inside a folder that is compiled with the AIR app. They are externally linked through the FLVPlayback 2.5 component. I use AS3 class documents for navigation/coding, not the main timeline.

Issue: when an 8th movie is selected, the app crashes. This can be 8 different movies, all the same movie or any combination thereof, after an eighth instance of a movie being selected, the app crashes. None of the movies run concurrently, all are coded to stop playing when leaving the page.

When run on an iMac (latest system), does not crash, when run as SWF file, it does not crash. Only when played inside the AIR wrapper on the PC does this happen. Have tested with anti-virus off. I have run a memory stat checker with the program and though it can get pretty big before garbage collection, memory use is not causing this issue.

This program is built in Flash CC 2015, latest version. Window 10, 16 GB memory, i7 CPU, 1 TB drive, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti GPU (latest drivers) all various software updated to latest versions.

I would appreciate any insights on the issue. Thanks much, Jon

Notes: The dialog that appears says, "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available". No notification appears then or later. The event viewer seems to point to perhaps a display driver conflict with AIR...? Here is the event log entry,

Faulting application name: Swallowing DT.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5609a3e3 - (this is my program)

Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 10.18.13.5887, time stamp: 0x56375ce9 - (this is a NVIDIA dll)

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x008cff9b

Faulting process id: 0x3360

Faulting application start time: 0x01d11b4fce4bd653

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Swallowing DT\Swallowing DT.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2um.dll

Report Id: ee64aa15-2659-4db6-8e52-0fd41ec2fc28

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2015 0

Have something to add?