Highlighted

Please return back -useLegacyAOT=yes! With new SDK (16+) my app crashes at runtime..

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to wait 10 times longer.
If only my app worked.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please return back -useLegacyAOT=yes! With new SDK (16+) my app crashes at runtime..

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to wait 10 times longer.
If only my app worked.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Can you tell me the bug number for your app's issue?  I'd like to find out the status for you.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

Our project is MMORPG game. Initially I created it under web. It has a preloader who loads in himself the main game (the separate project).

The main game is a separate project which consists of the principal module and 19 auxiliary which boot as required and are unloaded after they aren't necessary any more.

The main project and auxiliary modules are compiled in swf.

In web it works.

For mobile version I decided to integrate all game in one swf.

I created Air a mobile application. Which, like a preloader, loads in itself in game in the form of the swf-file.

And it worked earlier, with the old compiler (analog - useLegacyAOT=yes).

(-useLegacyAOT=no) didn't work with the new compiler never.

Now, when you completely removed the old compiler, I confusion.

Application builds, but crashes through short time after start.

Our operations on an output of game were already planned, the budget is selected. And here application, appears, doesn't work.

I tried to connect instead of loading of the swf-file external src to the mobile project. This which that - changed, but didn't correct a situation.

It turned out here that:

1) debug fast - works everything and always;

2) debug standard with loading of swf - crashes after start;

3) debug standard without loading of swf, but in the project of all src - works;

4) release ad hoc with loading of swf - crashes after start;

5) release ad hoc without loading of swf, but with connection in the project of all src - also crashes after start.

It is interesting that after synchronization of iTunes here \AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\2reallife iPad 2\isn't present crash of files of appropriate time / date.

I wanted to create the report on a bug in bugbase. But this service now it isn't available (The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.)

Here it is possible to download and look at those files which changed during application crash.

Respond please. How soon this problem can be corrected? At us periods of delivery of the project burn.

Or it can be necessary to make something on another?

I am ready to answer all questions.

And still questions.

To load the main swf in application is a good practice? Or it is better to connect to the swc project?

In a case with loading of swf is gives a scoring in application launch speed?

Unload swf still does not work for iOS?

AIR SDK 18

iPad 2 Retina iOS 8

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update!

arguments.callee is problem! Thanks grigory smorkalov!

I removed all "arguments.callee" and the app works!

I'm using AIR SDK 18.0.0.144.

This issue was not fixed in build 18.0.0.143.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update and the workaround!  I'm aware of the bug database problem and working on getting that sorted out.  I'll let QA know about this thread so that they can take a look at the arguments.callee issue again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

We have checked this issue at our end and we are not able to reproduce this issue.

The steps that we have followed:

1. Create an AIR App using arguments.
  2. Package the app with useLegacyAOT flag.
  3. Launch the app and it works fine, there is no crash.

We have checked this issue with AIR 18.0.144 on all iOS devices.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abhishek.Jain!

As I wrote above. I have 2 projects: WEB project and mobile application project.

From the WEB project builds the SWF file which loads in the mobile application.

In the WEB project in one of classes there is a code:

override protected function initInstance (): void

{

if (Context3dUtils.contextIsLost (this, initInstance, arguments)) return;

//... code

}

When the mobile application is started, it loads SWF with the specified code and through short time crashes.

The situation can be corrected two methods.

1) To correct a code on the following:

override protected function initInstance (): void

{

if (Context3dUtils.contextIsLost (this, initInstance, null)) return;     //remove "arguments"

//... code

}

2) Not to build and not to load SWF. And instead to connect external src from the WEB project to the mobile project.

Problem in that into overriden protected function the reference to arguments is had. And all this is compiled in SWF which afterwards loads into the mobile application.

If to make not overriden function, like following:

public function show (): void

{

if (Context3dUtils.contextIsLost (this, show, arguments)) return;

//... code

}

That everything works in the initial conditions.

arguments.callee here in case of anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details, any chance we could get the QA team a copy of the projects so that there is no chance for ambiguity?  If so, please feel free to send them to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com)

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 0