Highlighted

post to facebook "pages"

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the milkman and GoViral. In the .as file theres lots of examples of Facebook actions but all of the posting to profiles and walls are for the personal profile. Is it possible to post to a page the user owns - like a business page for example?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

post to facebook "pages"

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the milkman and GoViral. In the .as file theres lots of examples of Facebook actions but all of the posting to profiles and walls are for the personal profile. Is it possible to post to a page the user owns - like a business page for example?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm typing this from memory, but I don't think there is a built-in feature in the Milkman ANE to do this. However, you can do it "manually" by doing something like this:

- Use the "/accounts" FB API to get a list of all pages the user manages

- You should obtain a list of tokens, each one corresponding to a specific page

- When posting to FB, provide the token corresponding to the page you want to post to.

Again, this is from memory, but I know I already managed to it that way with a full AS3 implementation of the FB API. The ANE should allow the same approach, as long as it gives you access to the FB API.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 0