Highlighted

post to instagram

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any extensions or plugins that we can use to automatically post a picture to an instagram account?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

post to instagram

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any extensions or plugins that we can use to automatically post a picture to an instagram account?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Milkman Games GoViral ANE you can do a lot of other things, but one easy thing it does is let you send an image to the sharing service. If the user has Instagram they can choose that from the list, but they can also email or post to Facebook and Twitter, and many other destinations.

GoViral Facebook and Sharing Native Extension for Adobe AIR - ANEs by Milkman Games

I don't see an option for Instagram on Android, just iOS, but that may be a setting I haven't done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colin

i dont see a mention of instagram from that page? that was the first place i looked - i do have a version of goviral from a few years ago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their ANE just exposes the system sharing. It was only recently that Apple added Instagram to the sharing options, so they may not have mentioned it because of that.

I did just try on Android, and at first it didn't work, but on a second attempt Instagram did appear in the list. This is with GoViral from at least a couple of years ago. GoViral isn't able to disable sharing options, so if you have a version that can trigger the OS sharing, you should get Instagram ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a test I just did from in the coloring book part of an Android app I made, using GoViral to call the OS sharing:

Instagram

Once the Instagram sharing is invoked you get the steps where you can crop and add filters to your image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some of my code, so you can see how you call GoViral. 'bmd' is a bitmapdata object, usually coming from the coloring book, but not always:

function sendImageEmail(bmd: BitmapData): void {

if (!goviralinited) {

GoViral.create();

goviralinited = true;

}

GoViral.goViral.shareGenericMessageWithImage("Heckerty Coloring!", "Look at this picture I colored in using the Meet Heckerty app!", false, bmd);

}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see so it's the sharing strip that comes up.

Is there any way to customize that so that only instagram appears? I turned off the others in the more list but I still have messages and mail and the slideshow etc options.

Can you disable them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect not. You could ask them though: hello@milkmanplugins.com

Also, I wonder if this would work?:

Instagram-ANE/Instagram-ANE-app.xml at master · DaVikingCode/Instagram-ANE · GitHub

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what to do with that link colin.

Milkman replied saying to use

shareGenericMessageWithImage()

Is that what brings up the sharing strip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually colin i may have found a way. I was reading that if you save the image data as a .igo file after capturing it it will only open instagram since other apps don't use that extension.

so you have to get the bitmapdata - save it using a jpeg encoder but instead of saving it as "myopic.jpg" you save as "myopic.igo" then when the one calls the sharing options only instagram will show

do you know if this works with your version of go viral?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoViral is using bitmapdata, so it's a bitmap that isn't yet a file of any type.

Their answer shareGenericMessageWithImage() is exactly what I gave in my sample code. I was hoping they might answer the specific question of how to only share to Instagram.

I think you may have a much bigger problem. The sharing to Instagram works because the system knows the device owner's Instagram account. I don't think it will allow switching of accounts on the fly, and if it did it could leave the device set up for the previous user's account, leading to lots of posts of pictures to someone else's account.

A different approach would be to figure out a server side script that could take a user name and password, and bitmap data, and somehow feed that into the Instagram API. I don't know how to get started with that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah thats fine tbh - they'll be posting to an instagram account i setup just for the event so no need to re login etc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost made sense when you typed 'religion'!

Are you able to remove as much as possible from the share menu?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey colin, just revisiting this. Any idea why instragram isn't showing in my sharing strip with this code. I load an image, save it as bitmapdata and then call the sharing strip. It loads and i can email it or save it etc, WhatsApp and Facebook are all showing but not instagram

import com.milkmangames.nativeextensions.*;

import com.milkmangames.nativeextensions.events.*;

if(GoViral.isSupported())

{

GoViral.create();

}

else {

trace("GoViral only works on mobile!");

return;

}

var url:String = 'https://www.lowisphotography.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/0037.jpg';

var urlRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);

var loader:Loader = new Loader();

loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loader_complete);

loader.load(urlRequest);

addChild(loader);

var myBitmapData:BitmapData

function loader_complete(evt:Event):void {

var target_mc:MovieClip = new MovieClip(); //new movieclip

target_mc.addChild( evt.target.content ); //add the content

target_mc.x = (stage.stageWidth - target_mc.width) / 2;

target_mc.y = (stage.stageHeight - target_mc.height) / 2;

var ratio:Number=target_mc.width/target_mc.height

target_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, loadInsta);

addChild( target_mc ); //add target_mc

myBitmapData = Bitmap(LoaderInfo(evt.target).content).bitmapData;

}

function loadInsta(e:MouseEvent):void {

GoViral.goViral.shareGenericMessageWithImage(

"This is a subject!", // not all targets will use the 'subject'

"I'm sharing this!", // this is the message to share

false, // set to 'true' if the message is html-formatted

myBitmapData

).addDialogListener(function(e:GVShareEvent):void {

trace("Generic share completed.");

});

}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have the Instagram app installed (I didn't have WhatsApp as an option until I installed it). And then you may need to touch the More... button to add Instagram to your current favorites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are my only optionsimage1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look aroudn and at that davikingcode one and it seems they all open the sharing sheet but the problem is the other options are there.

my app will be a public kiosk style app and i just want to restrict sharing to instagram only on ios. Ideally I could just press a button in my app and the instagram sharing sheet appears skipping the sharing strip step altogether.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol

so from what I understand by encoding the bitmapdata to a jpg but naming it igo only Instagram will show because an igo file is an Instagram only file name.

Have a look here

https://github.com/sharkhack/ShareWithInstagram

"Alternatively, if you want to show only Instagram in the application list (instead of Instagram plus any other public/jpeg-conforming apps) you can specify the extension class igo, which is of type com.instagram.exclusivegram.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Hopefully it may help. You should be able to test with your version of GoViral.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need to update my goviral ane as it's from 2014

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that not already have shareGenericMessageWithImage()?

I can't easily test that myself today. Meetings and so on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just doesn't work with animate 2017 at all, says i need to update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i have instagram installed and it doesn't show up in more

the image will share to email, and Facebook etc so i can see it works, just instragm doesn't appear

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried an app I updated recently to AIR 27, but I haven't updated GoViral in a while. It's possible my subscription has expired, I haven't seen any update messages in nearly two years. In any case, I see the same thing, sharing from Photos has Instagram, but sharing from GoViral doesn't.

Assuming you're up to date with GoViral you could ask them why it is that Instagram is missing. If the answer is that there's a new version that fixes it, can you let me know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i have the latest version 5.6 - maybe its an iOS 11 thing they've not yet fixed. Ive sent them a message

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colin. No reply yet from milkman but I managed to get this working on a couple of other anes.

A free one here from daviking code:

GitHub - DaVikingCode/Instagram-ANE: Instagram sharing ANE for iOS & Android

which was really simple to implement with bitmapdata. This only works on andorid though up to air 23

I also used the share.ane from distriqt

https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-Share

with that one i had to convert the image to a .igo  file beofre it would load the instagram in the options so i think that must be whats happening with milkman games

var ba:ByteArray = new ByteArray();

bitmapData.encode(bitmapData.rect, new JPEGEncoderOptions(80), ba);

var instagramImage:File = File.applicationStorageDirectory.resolvePath( "assets/instagram.igo" );

var fileAccess:FileStream = new FileStream();

fileAccess.open(instagramImage, FileMode.WRITE);

fileAccess.writeBytes(ba, 0, ba.length);

fileAccess.close();

var options:ShareOptions = new ShareOptions();

options.packageName = "com.instagram.android";

options.UTI = "com.instagram.photo";

Share.service.showOpenIn( instagramImage.nativePath, "", "image/*", options );

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I have the District ANEs, so I could use that work around. I'm in no hurry though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0