Highlighted

Postpone local notification warning on first install

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using local notifications for a game made with Air. Is there a possibility to postpone the warning which appears the first time you install the game (<app name> Would Like To Send You Notifications.) I need to verify the age of the user first, and only then to show the notification warning.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Postpone local notification warning on first install

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using local notifications for a game made with Air. Is there a possibility to postpone the warning which appears the first time you install the game (<app name> Would Like To Send You Notifications.) I need to verify the age of the user first, and only then to show the notification warning.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialog you're seeing happens on all AIR apps that were made using a version older than a few weeks ago. It has nothing to do with the fact that you use local notifications. If you do an update with the current version of AIR 15 it would solve the problem. But you might want to wait, because there is an issue currently that would stop your app from being approved.

So, look for the next AIR update, and see if it has fixed the most recent issue with submitting to Apple, and if it has do an update to solve the problem you're asking about now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2014 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. Could you tell me what the issue that would stop the app from being approved is?

Thanks,
Dragos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this very long thread: Re: No longer able to submit app to iTunes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2014 0