Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with including worker swf file into ipa file

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people!

I'm working on Adobe AIR app for iOS and recently was exploring workers and run into a major problem I have no idea how to solve and I hope you can help me!

So, what I'm doing is:

1) Generate worker swf file let's name it worker.swf and put it into bin/workers/worker.swf

2) Create a descriptor file for a workers which currently contains only a single entry of "workers/worker.swf" name it workers.txt and put it into bin/workers/workers.txt

3) Add an entry within iPhone tag of applicaton.xml in a way <externalSwfs>workers/workers.txt</externalSwfs>

4) Add those files to file properties of ADT -package files info configuration in a way <arg line="-C bin" /> <arg line="workers" />

After this I expect that folder "workers" will be located within ipa file and would contain both files mentioned above, but that is not what is happening. All I have in that folder is txt descriptor file and no worker swf. And I've already tried everything I could think of.

Best I could do was to include those files in a way

<arg line="-C bin/workers" />

<arg line="workers.txt" />

<arg line="worker.swf" />

and that works in a way, but both files are stored within root folder of application content and not within folder "workers" which this layout contains only a descriptor txt file.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and by the way - I decided to get rid of workers sub folder for output, as I'was able to include worker files into root of application, which seemed  a better way than having two separate locations for a same file - one working and one failing.

And congratulations Adobe you've failed even more than I would expect - workers output folder, which ever is specified, is stripped of worker file even if that is a root of application, and that lame concept wouldn't work either.

Bravo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines