Highlighted

Problem with Publishing to iOS in Animate CC 2016

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a .p12 certificate and a provisioning profile in Xcode 7. (These are free since I do not have a developer account.) Now under signing identities in Xcode beside iOS Development, the Action button says "Reset." I exported the .p12 file and and the provisioning profile and then input their location in "Publish Settings" in Animate. When I use Animate to attempt to publish to my iOS device I get the error message "The device has encountered an unexpected error. Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed." It seems that there is something wrong with my .p12 certificate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Basically my objective is to create a functional .p12 certificate and a provisioning profile that will enable me to test my game on my own iOS device.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with Publishing to iOS in Animate CC 2016

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a .p12 certificate and a provisioning profile in Xcode 7. (These are free since I do not have a developer account.) Now under signing identities in Xcode beside iOS Development, the Action button says "Reset." I exported the .p12 file and and the provisioning profile and then input their location in "Publish Settings" in Animate. When I use Animate to attempt to publish to my iOS device I get the error message "The device has encountered an unexpected error. Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed." It seems that there is something wrong with my .p12 certificate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Basically my objective is to create a functional .p12 certificate and a provisioning profile that will enable me to test my game on my own iOS device.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

If you create certificate and provisioning profile from xcode so you can use these only for same app id, not for others.to use same certificate for different apps you need developer account and create certificate uisng Maintaining Your Signing Identities and Certificates.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I do not understand. Doesn't the app id correspond to the development team? I am currently the only member of the team, and I'm trying to test some applications developed in Adobe Flash Pro (I'm now using Animate CC 2016) on my own devices before signing up as an Apple developer. I'm not using XCode 7 for anything other than creating the development certificate and provisioning profile. I do not understand why the certificate and provisioning profile that I create in XCode cannot be used in Animate to publish an Air application. Didn't Apple change its policy so that one should be able to tests apps on his or her own devices without paying for a developer account?

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2016 0
Contributor ,
May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have a choice. You need a development or distribution provisioning profile generated from Apple's portal. You have to sign up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ladyofla, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. I can debug in the iOS simulator but I can't debug using my device via USB. I've published successfully but my iPhone won't complete the download of the app in iTunes let alone using the "post publishing" checkmark to install on my selected iOS device, no explanation why.

From all the videos and tutorials I've seen, this should work exactly as you describe and that is the way I am trying to do it, too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2016 0