Highlighted

Problems installing on XP

Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a product that I sell that installs fine on all except a new customer. After screensharing with him, I see he's running XP. I turn off all anti-virus, I run AIR installer, it says that version already installed on the computer. I then try running my AIR installer and it keeps cycling through needing to install Adobe AIR. The AIR runtime matches my install program (16), I've run as administrator and I'm out of ideas. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems installing on XP

Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a product that I sell that installs fine on all except a new customer. After screensharing with him, I see he's running XP. I turn off all anti-virus, I run AIR installer, it says that version already installed on the computer. I then try running my AIR installer and it keeps cycling through needing to install Adobe AIR. The AIR runtime matches my install program (16), I've run as administrator and I'm out of ideas. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you please provide the below information to help us reproducing the issue ?

1. What is the filename and version of AIR installer that you are trying to install?

To check the version, Right click on AIR installer -> Properties -> Details -> File Version

2. What is the namespace version used in the application.xml file of your product that you are trying to install?

3. Is your product uses the Captive AIR runtime or Shared AIR runtime ?

4. Is there any entry for "Adobe AIR" in Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs ? If yes, what is the version of it?

5. Can you please provide the screenshot of the issue ?(How to post a screenshot in the forum‌)

- Varun

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2015 0