Highlighted

Protecting code in Air App for IOS

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was wondering if Air projects for IOS is easy to decompile ones it's installed on an iPad / iPhone (maybe if it's jailbreaked?).

Is the code protected in any way or is it just more or less open source unless it's obfuscated with a 3rd party application ?

I've used an obfuscator called secureSwf to prevent code in swf files years ago.

Thanks!

Rolf

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Protecting code in Air App for IOS

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was wondering if Air projects for IOS is easy to decompile ones it's installed on an iPad / iPhone (maybe if it's jailbreaked?).

Is the code protected in any way or is it just more or less open source unless it's obfuscated with a 3rd party application ?

I've used an obfuscator called secureSwf to prevent code in swf files years ago.

Thanks!

Rolf

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error when trying to decompile the embedded SWF, but that could be the decompiler I'm using. Assuming it works, I think you would just get the assets of the SWF, because Apple don't allow interpreted code. Decompiling the SWF in an Android APK does give you AS3 code.

Most people can figure out how to do things by looking at the final app, and few people would unzip and decompile the embedded SWF. But, you could try to do more protecting, and use a SWC version of the application in the app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 0