Highlighted

Publishing on iOS 8.4

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A client reported that an application we produced was crashing on iOS 8.4.  We verified that this was happening.  Now we are simply trying to deploy a new version of the application for testing, but from within Flash we receive an error suggesting that there may not be enough space.  If we try to install the application from iTunes, it appears that the installation never completes.  This is true even if we build an application with nothing in it.  Is there something specific to iOS 8.4 that we need to do relative to deploying applications?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

C.S.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing on iOS 8.4

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A client reported that an application we produced was crashing on iOS 8.4.  We verified that this was happening.  Now we are simply trying to deploy a new version of the application for testing, but from within Flash we receive an error suggesting that there may not be enough space.  If we try to install the application from iTunes, it appears that the installation never completes.  This is true even if we build an application with nothing in it.  Is there something specific to iOS 8.4 that we need to do relative to deploying applications?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

C.S.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The evidence suggests you don't have any space! Look in Settings/General/Usage, to make sure there is some space.

Also, try copying the IPA to the device using Xcode instead of iTunes. iTunes may be trying to do more than you're asking it to do.

BTW, I can't speak for 8.4, but I'm having no troubles putting AIR IPAs onto iOS 9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2015 0
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin,

Thanks for your reply. I have 38.9 GB available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your IPA 39GB? Just kidding!

Did you get any different results by using Xcode to copy the IPA?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can suggest to use iFunBox for installing IPA's on target devices. There is no sync required and installing goes in 1 click. Btw, I don't see any crashes using 8.4 that apps that was done for 8.x

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2015 0