Highlighted

"adt -package" returns "Unable to open provisioning profile" since AIR SDK 24

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago, I received an email from Apple with the following content.

Dear Developer,

On September 1, 2016, we announced that we’re implementing an ongoing process of evaluating and removing apps that no longer function as intended, don’t follow current review guidelines, or are outdated.

We noticed that your app has not been updated in a significant amount of time.

Next Steps

To keep your app on the App Store, submit an updated version for review and make sure it follows the latest App Review Guidelines. If you are unable to submit an update within 30 days, your app will be removed from the App Store until you submit an update and it is approved.

If Your App is Removed

Your app will remain fully functional for current users. They will experience no interruption to services, will still be able to buy in-app purchases, and can re-download the app while restoring from an iCloud or iTunes backup. However, we recommend that you update your app as soon as possible to reinstate it on the App Store and ensure that it remains functional and engaging for new and existing customers.

You can continue to use your current app name, as your app has not been deleted from your account.

My app was built about at the time of AIR SDK 19. So yesterday, I recreated the developer certificates and downloaded the newest SDK v29.

But when packaging my app, the "adt -package" command returns "Unable to open provisioning profile." with error code 12.

I also tried some earlier SDK versions, it looks this error will only reported by AIR SDK 24+ versions.

With AIR SDK 23, I can package my app successfully.

However, can anybody confirm that whether or not Apple still accepts apps packaged with AIR SDK 23 now?

And, has anyone also encountered the same error in packaging AIR apps?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by TapirL | Community Beginner

I'm much sorry.

For long time not using AIR SDK and developing ios apps,

I misinterpreted the error message.

It is the problem of the provision file, not the problem of the certificates.

I recreated the provision files, no errors now.

Thanks for your support!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"adt -package" returns "Unable to open provisioning profile" since AIR SDK 24

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago, I received an email from Apple with the following content.

Dear Developer,

On September 1, 2016, we announced that we’re implementing an ongoing process of evaluating and removing apps that no longer function as intended, don’t follow current review guidelines, or are outdated.

We noticed that your app has not been updated in a significant amount of time.

Next Steps

To keep your app on the App Store, submit an updated version for review and make sure it follows the latest App Review Guidelines. If you are unable to submit an update within 30 days, your app will be removed from the App Store until you submit an update and it is approved.

If Your App is Removed

Your app will remain fully functional for current users. They will experience no interruption to services, will still be able to buy in-app purchases, and can re-download the app while restoring from an iCloud or iTunes backup. However, we recommend that you update your app as soon as possible to reinstate it on the App Store and ensure that it remains functional and engaging for new and existing customers.

You can continue to use your current app name, as your app has not been deleted from your account.

My app was built about at the time of AIR SDK 19. So yesterday, I recreated the developer certificates and downloaded the newest SDK v29.

But when packaging my app, the "adt -package" command returns "Unable to open provisioning profile." with error code 12.

I also tried some earlier SDK versions, it looks this error will only reported by AIR SDK 24+ versions.

With AIR SDK 23, I can package my app successfully.

However, can anybody confirm that whether or not Apple still accepts apps packaged with AIR SDK 23 now?

And, has anyone also encountered the same error in packaging AIR apps?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by TapirL | Community Beginner

I'm much sorry.

Thanks for your support!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps:

1) Ensure provisioning profile exists at the location you are trying to package it from.

2) Re-generate the provisioning corresponding to the new certificate, if not already done so.

3) Ensure that your device's UDID is added to the provisioning profile if you are using a developer/ad-hoc provisioning profile.

4) Ensure that you are using a developer provisioning profile corresponding to the developer certificate and a production/distribution provisioning profile corresponding to a production/distribution certificate

Refer Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications for more troubleshooting steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried revoked my certificates and recreate then several times. Same problem.

I can guarantee that no mistakes are made in the process. (At least AIR SDK 23 thinks the certificates are okay).

Is the error "Unable to open provisioning profile." reported by tools of you Adobe or tools of Apple?

The certificate request files are created with openssl on Linux.

I will try to find a Mac to create them in Xcode again and report the progress here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recreate my certificate from xcode on a Mac. But the result is the same.

The new certificate is ok when I use AIR SDK 23 to package my app,

but for AIR SDK 24-29, the same error "Unable to open provisioning profile."

is reported when the "adt -package ..." command is called.

Are there any adt argument changed since AIR SDK 24?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm much sorry.

Thanks for your support!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 1