Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Installation may not be allowed by your administrator"

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried to install Adobe Air 25.0 but it appears this message "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."I have windows 7 and I'm the administrator.I've tried everything..Please help!!!Thank you

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned on Troubleshoot installation of Adobe AIR SDK on Windows page to resolve installation issues. If you still see any problems, share the log files. To get the location of log files you can go through Troubleshoot installation of Adobe AIR SDK on Windows​.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have faced the same problem for many times but no solution.

Recently, I have tried a way that really works.

Right click on adobe air icon (program source), choose "properties", tab "security", go to "groups or user names"

Edit, then delete  temporary accounts

Rerun the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found something that worked for me (Windows 10).

- After downloading the Adobe Air .exe file, go to its location (usually in your Downloads folder) and right click on it.  Rather than clicking on "Run as Administrator" (which did not work for me), click on "Properties".

- Then go to the "Compatibility" tab.

- At the bottom of the Compatibility tab place a check beside "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Hit the "Apply" button and try running your Adobe Air install again.

Note: After doing this, I had to do the same steps for the program that I was initially trying to install that required Adobe Air as a pre-requisite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines