Highlighted

Random crashes instancing sprites during runtime

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

So every once in a while I when I compile an app fresh in FB, I get the following error.

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::MovieClip@11ad8431 to GrcBase.

at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()

at flash.display::Sprite()

at flash.display::MovieClip()

GrcBase is a MovieClip in the Flash CC editor that is basically a square 'helper' movieclip I use for masks, invisible containers, etc. As my app gets more and more complicated I get these crashes every once in a while. The solution I've found is to republish the SWC in Flash CC and the bug goes away usually but lately it's been happening more and more which makes me concerned it's going to be an issue if it gets any more complex. Has anyone else run into this.

Using FB running Air 16 and creating the asset library using Flash CC.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Random crashes instancing sprites during runtime

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

So every once in a while I when I compile an app fresh in FB, I get the following error.

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::MovieClip@11ad8431 to GrcBase.

at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()

at flash.display::Sprite()

at flash.display::MovieClip()

GrcBase is a MovieClip in the Flash CC editor that is basically a square 'helper' movieclip I use for masks, invisible containers, etc. As my app gets more and more complicated I get these crashes every once in a while. The solution I've found is to republish the SWC in Flash CC and the bug goes away usually but lately it's been happening more and more which makes me concerned it's going to be an issue if it gets any more complex. Has anyone else run into this.

Using FB running Air 16 and creating the asset library using Flash CC.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2015 0

Have something to add?